• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Katee Sackhoff to play Ms. Marvel?

222 posts in this topic

An accomplished martial artist, she received her first Black Belt at the ripe old age of thirteen. After competing in the Canadian Nationals, she proceeded to open several highly-successful Tae Kwon Do schools in and around Toronto. She later trained to become a licensed bodyguard and currently holds a third-degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do along with a second-degree Black Belt in Karate.

Shoooooooot, kill off Lady Siff and give it to Jaimie Alexander.

Alexander doesn't have the chest for the part, sorry.

:screwy:

If we're going by comic drawings, nobody has the body to play a comic woman.

Yes, but some people here believe some women actually look like comic women.

Kelly Brook says hello to you two. :hi: Just because the body type is uncommon doesn't mean it's fictional.

03.kelly-brook-fitness-600x966.jpg

I realize she gets rolled out often as the ideal for some. But how's her acting? I saw her in that one SYFY Channel show and it didn't come across as something I would call entertaining for the general population.

I know - you don't watch her for deep dialogue entertainment. But it does help.

I realize she gets rolled out often as the ideal for some. But how's her acting? I saw her in that one SYFY Channel show and it didn't come across as something I would call entertaining for the general population.

They're rare, but they're out there. Alexandra Daddario, Hayley Atwell, and Kat Dennings all fit the bill.

They're rare, but they're out there. Alexandra Daddario, Hayley Atwell, and Kat Dennings all fit the bill.

I'd like to add that not every single female character in a superhero film needs to have a huge rack--I was just pointing out that they could if it was deemed important to the character. They're virtually all drawn that way in the comic, yes, but we know why that is--to appeal to the horny male demographic and the male artists that draw them. So to rule out actresses just because they're not an E to F cup like comic artists draw all women is unreasonable.

So having said that, Lynda Carter set an expectation for me that Gal Godot just isn't meeting. :cry:

Wonder_Woman_TV-319.jpg

An accomplished martial artist, she received her first Black Belt at the ripe old age of thirteen. After competing in the Canadian Nationals, she proceeded to open several highly-successful Tae Kwon Do schools in and around Toronto. She later trained to become a licensed bodyguard and currently holds a third-degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do along with a second-degree Black Belt in Karate.

As a fan of Vikings, I vote for Kathryn Winnick! Acting chops, martial arts chops and fine to look at!

Kelly Brook says hello to you two. :hi: Just because the body type is uncommon doesn't mean it's fictional.

So, you cannot see a difference between a real woman's body and a comic character's body:

captain-marvel-carol-danvers.jpg

captain-marvel-yvonne-strahovski.jpg

They are not even close.