• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mad House by Red Circle

9 posts in this topic

Anyone here familiar with this title? I have been collecting for 30 years and may have seen it, but I just don't remember. I found this a couple nights ago while on work travel in LA (The Comic Bug...Manhattan Beach. Great store.) The Gray Morrow cover is awesome...and the interior work is also pretty well done.

GCDB doesn't seem to have it...but I could have missed it. The guide says it was "previously Mad House Glads" which was an Archie book. Makes sense...this is a Red Circle book.

Madhouse_97.jpg

I love this micro-series, if only for the amazing logo. Plus they all have Gray Morrow art and covers. I believe this was at the same time Morrow as also doing Red Circle Sorcery.

It ran three issues - #95-97 - before reverting back to a traditional Archie series called Madhouse Comics. The GCDB lists these three issues under Madhouse Comics, though I think the indicia for these three says Mad House.

I have 95 and 97 but have yet to find a 96 in the wild, which is too bad, because 96 has a great cover.

gray-morrow-madhouse-96.jpg

The Archie's Madhouse title ran from 1-72, then became Madhouse Glads from 73-94. Issues 95-97 had the Red Circle branding with Gray Morrow covers, then the title went back to the traditional Archie branding and art and remained Madhouse(comics) until the series ended.

I love this micro-series, if only for the amazing logo. Plus they all have Gray Morrow art and covers. I believe this was at the same time Morrow as also doing Red Circle Sorcery.

It ran three issues - #95-97 - before reverting back to a traditional Archie series called Madhouse Comics. The GCDB lists these three issues under Madhouse Comics, though I think the indicia for these three says Mad House.

I have 95 and 97 but have yet to find a 96 in the wild, which is too bad, because 96 has a great cover.

In case you're looking for a copy in NM+ condition..... :ohnoez:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAD-HOUSE-DEMON-KISS-ISSUE-96-NOV-1974-BRONZE-NM-/141547195557?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20f4decca5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAD-HOUSE-DEMON-KISS-ISSUE-96-NOV-1974-BRONZE-NM-/141547195557?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20f4decca5

Thanks for the referral...but the issue is far from NM+...did you see that scan? Great cover all the same.

Thanks for the referral...but the issue is far from NM+...did you see that scan? Great cover all the same.

Yes I was trying to be facetious as the book is far from NM+ :gossip: