• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Space Family Robinson (Lost in Space) # 1

8 posts in this topic

Hi there

Just added my fifth page of artwork from the December 1962 debut issue of this fondly-remembered Gold Key series to my CAF:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1202127

Very little of Dan Spiegle's interior artwork appears to have survived, so it's great to have put-together a selection of pages from that first landmark issue!

This page is something that Dan Spiegle recently found. My thanks to his agent, Dave Karlen, for making it available to me.

Nice pick up.

Did Dan have the original art to the entire book at one time or did he just have scattered pages?

If he just had scattered pages the interesting story would be how he DIDN'T end up with the whole book.

Peter

Nice pick up.

Did Dan have the original art to the entire book at one time or did he just have scattered pages?

If he just had scattered pages the interesting story would be how he DIDN'T end up with the whole book.

Peter

No idea, sorry. I've only ever seem a smattering of pages dispersed amongst fellow collectors that don't add up to the complete book . . .