• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Strange v2 in CGC 9.8

1 post in this topic

As with the Tarzan books I posted on earlier, I have been trying to put together a 9.8 run of the first 20 issues of this title for a while. I use the chart below to guide me. Data is all taken from CGC (with help from CGCdata.com) Perhaps you are looking to fill this run too?? It's not easy and I only have 4 of the books! Some of them just do not come up that often...and with the movie coming, it will get a little stupid, I'm afraid.

This is a great run...fantastic Colan and Palmer work. Brunner too, of course. But finding copies in this grade is hard. The graph below was updated today.

The books just aren't really worth that much right now raw...but I am convinced there will come a time when a 9.8 run of the first 20 issues will be sought after. (Reading copies would be required, of course!)

Some recent sales that I found are here...but this is about it. Not a whole lot else in the recent past.

#1: $810 back in November, 2014 ...not sure from where it was sold.

#2: $334 at Heritage from tonight...Feb 15, 2015 (Don and Maggie Thompson pedigree)

#5: $194 from January, 2015 on eBay

#8: $59 on Heritage from 2012

#17: $175 on eBay from Feb 10, 2015

An aside...Doctor Strange #169 in CGC 9.8 went for $5078 at Heritage in November, 2014. That book sold for less than half that at the beginning of last year. Crazy.

Note: eBay links above are affiliate links...other links are not.

Dr_Strange.jpg