• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To CGC or not to CGC. That is the question?

6 posts in this topic

Wondering if anyone can help. Its been a while since I sent books in to CGC. As many of you know, 6 months ago relatively new books could be graded and be sold at profit in 9.6 to 9.8 realm.

Was wondering how it stands now? I have a nice grouping of newer Alien Worlds and Time Warp, as well as some Vintage Magnus books from the 60s that would grade real high in the 9.4 or up range. Is it even worth it to send these in to be graded. Im asking cause its been a while so I dont know if in the current today market if they would even bring grading costs back to me even if they come in as 9.8s.

What is the current rule for submitting books that are newer in 9.4 or higher condition or is it not even worth it anymore?

Thanks for any help. Ive been away from it for about 6 months and I know this hobby keeps changing fast. Some books I bought at 8.0 a year ago are worth 30% less now. Sincerely, Jeff

60's Magnus books in CGC high grade are probably worth your time & effort.

Make sure you allow shipping worldwide (on Ebay) because one of the major

collectors is in Sweden. Coincidentally, his name is Magnus. grin.gif

I have a nice grouping of newer Alien Worlds and Time Warp, as well as some Vintage Magnus books from the 60s that would grade real high in the 9.4 or up range. Is it even worth it to send these in to be graded.

Unless you think Copper or Modern books are 9.6 or better, I wouldn't send them in. I suspect you'd lose money on those titles if they turned out 9.4. Those Magnus books should be profitable at the 9.4 level, and possibly the 9.2 level--what's the top-of-Overstreet price on those books?