• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thread closed

23 posts in this topic

One Bronze Age Key books for sale tonight. I had her sold but there is some slight warping to the top and bottom edge of the book that the buyer did not care for so I took it back no questions asked. I've included some picture of the rippling so you can decide if it bothers you. No cracks in the case and it does not look like a shaken case or moisture issue but its there.

It can be yours for $1,250 delivered via Paypal payment or $1,200 paid via a no fee option. Roy just sold one for $1,300 and another copy is up on the ComicLink Auction for $750 with 7 days to go. International buyers are welcome but the book will have to ship via Priority and the buyer pays full shipping cost minus $20.

Iron%20Fist%2014%20Front_zpssit5shdq.jpg

Iron%20Fist%2014%20Back_zpsolphmymf.jpg

E492E947-C5D2-4B31-99EF-95B4F3947EF7_zps7d3ajsfq.jpg

Are people concerned about the warping of the book? I got a great response the first time it went up for sale and this time nothing. Of course it is the third copy in a short time. I'll leave it available until Friday morning.

GLWTS (thumbs u Since you mentioned it, what's up with that?

Are people concerned about the warping of the book?

I didn't get it slabbed so your guess is as good as mine. I hadn't even noticed it when I scanned it but its there. Previous buyer wanted to have it taken out and pressed but that would have required a re-grading and a possible 9.6.

Getting it pressed might be a good idea! If CGC gave it a 9.8 as is, I doubt it would get a 9.6 after pressing.

I didn't get it slabbed so your guess is as good as mine. I hadn't even noticed it when I scanned it but its there. Previous buyer wanted to have it taken out and pressed but that would have required a re-grading and a possible 9.6.

Getting it pressed might be a good idea! If CGC gave it a 9.8 as is, I doubt it would get a 9.6 after pressing.

I wouldn't bet money on it. I still think the difference of a 9.6 and 9.8 on some books is a certain grader on a good or bad day. I don't think I'm touching it - it will sell either here, at a ComicLink or Comicconnect auction or on one of the other sites and I'm sure the buyer will be happy with it.

I think CL or CC would be a better bet because there are no returns & the buyer won't be shown the waves/warp you referred to on the comic! Buyers here can get picky. Best of luck. (thumbs u

I wouldn't bet money on it. I still think the difference of a 9.6 and 9.8 on some books is a certain grader on a good or bad day. I don't think I'm touching it - it will sell either here, at a ComicLink or Comicconnect auction or on one of the other sites and I'm sure the buyer will be happy with it.

That's dishonest, dontyathink?

If I thought the book had been tampered with or was damaged in the mail then I'd probably say it would be dishonest but who I am to say a 9.8 needs to be opened and then pressed? CGC graded it a 9.8 so it must be a printing issue or something that had no impact to the grade (assuming it wasn't a 9.9 and downgraded to a 9.8).

I think CL or CC would be a better bet because there are no returns & the buyer won't be shown the waves/warp you referred to on the comic! Buyers here can get picky. Best of luck. (thumbs u

People on the CGC boards picky?? Really?

I've dealt with a few picky ones! Then again, I can get picky too.

People on the CGC boards picky?? Really?

I've a few books from the 90s with waves like that,right off the stands..I was led to believe it was due to the inks used at that time,a manufacturer defect.Dont know of any from this era though.

Still a pretty book...GLWTS!

I don't think there's a defect on the book that is causing the wavey look on top. Sometimes the book doesn't lay completely flat in the inner well and when pressing against the holder it can cause that. You may only need to have the book reholdered.

I in no way want to deceive any of my buyers so I try to be forthright about anything about my books that may upset the buyer. I missed the waviness in my first sale so I accepted the return and now I'll show the issue in a future sale. Best I can do for now.