• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALL-STAR AUCTION: anybody win anything?

23 posts in this topic

I was high bidder on a Carl Barks seriagraph (sp?), but didn't meet reserve. That's it. frown.gif

I did not like the fact that All Star Auctions had no function on their site to track bids. I contacted them, and they said they got rid of the function. When I asked how I was supposed to track my bids, they said most people just write down all the items they're bidding on and their high bids. lol

Nice to travel back to the stone age!

yeah i like the fact that on heriage u can track items that u can't afford but want to see where they end up w/o searching for them, etc. But still it is good to have more than one auction area other than ebay to buy premium books.

hey do u know how much the ASM #40 cover art went for?

For some reason, the ASM #40 cover doesn't show up on their site. They have a horrible site as far as viewing items goes. I'm guessing it didn't meet reserve price.

The original Frazetta cover to Thun'da #1 had a final price of $53,000 but didn't meet reserve either. frown.gif

http://allstarauc.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?comicart&1045954500

I don't believe even half of the books they had for auction met reserve. I don't know if their consignor's were the same "wishful" thinkers that they had on their past auction, or maybe the prices weren't very high. I don't know, was really only semi interested in that ASM Annual 2.

Brian

I need some advice... help.

I recently signed up for the Vault auctions and bid on an item but entered a number based on US funds which of course took the "real" figure well in excess of my intended top bid that I would have made at the end. I've emailed 8 times in the past 10 hours (since late this morning) trying to alert them and have them cancel my bid so I can re-enter the proper amount in pounds. I realized it was a European auction and the currency was different BUT when it came time to enter numbers I reverted back to those I was accustomed with and didn't realize until this morning when someone else bid an amount over what I thought I bid and I was still winning???

I don't know what the time difference is over there BUT there's not a whole lot of time left. Has anyone won anything off them? If so, mind putting in a courtesy email for me too (I'll PM the details)... maybe they are ignoring my request in hopes of trying to leverage me to honor the bid. Perhaps if some existing customers put in a word... it would get their attention?

I realize I could be over reacting or jumping the gun here as there could be a drastic time zone difference, but ...???confused.gifblush.giffrown.gif

$44k for a ONE of a kind vintage 60s J Romita Sr ASM 40 COVER art w/ Spidey & potentially his gr8est villian Gr Goblin is reasonable compared to overhyped silver Marvels in 9.4, 9.6 or bronze Marvels in cgc 9.6 & 9.8. How many ASM 1 exist in 9.4 or Hulk 181 in cgc 9.6 compared to an original pen & ink drawing?

Thanks to fellow board member Alan Wong (Borg) who contacted me and volunteered to call the Vault on my behalf... Thanks Alan!!!

I received a call shortly after his PM from John Pires... who was understanding and helpful. We resolved the problem satifactorily. I apparently ruined their (2) auction run without a US bidder screwing up... I'm on a roll.

REMEMBER: If you are bidding on the Vault auctions..PAY ATTENTION when you enter your bid... its in Pounds! Easy to forget for us US bidders... ooo.gif

PAY ATTENTION when you enter your bid... its in Pounds! Easy to forget for us US bidders...

Errr, I thought it was obvious! tongue.gif You mean you really didn't want that Marvel Spotlight 2 for that kind of dough? crazy.gif