• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do with this grail on your CAF account???

9 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Well....this might be a long post....lol first a little back story...

As some of you might know by now, I was hugely influenced as an artist/inker by an 80's black & white indy publisher named Arrow Comics based out of Ypsilanti, MI.

Arrow published titles at the time that made huge waves in the industry like the sword & sorcery titles The Realm ( Guy Davis first monthly title) and also Deadworld-The Comic ( Vincent Locke's first monthly title), Tales from the Aniverse by Randy Zimmerman & Susan Van Camp among others.

They were pretty local to my home town of Flint, MI and to make a long story short, I ended up being lucky enough to meet all of the Arrow Comics creators and became friends with them over the years.

Another comic they published was called Night Streets which was an urban crime drama written and pencilled/inked by Mark Bloodworth ( http://www.bloodworthstudios.com ).

The legendary writer Harlan Ellison wrote a letter to Arrow that was published in the letters column of issue #2 and heaped praise on the book and also Mark and said that Night Streets is "One hell'uva nifty book." How can you beat that sort of endorsement????

I already have a fairly large collection of original artwork from many of the above mentioned comics published by Arrow Comics, but this past weekend, I hit the motherload 7 years after first talking to my friend Mark Bloodworth about this deal.

Below is a link to some photos of all of the original artwork of the interior pages (missing about 5 which were sold many years ago) from all 7 issues of Mark Bloodworth's Night Streets series.

This collection also includes the amazing paintings for the 2 trade paperback collections published by Caliber Comics, the original advertisement artwork featured in other Arrow Comics and Comics Buyers Guide, the original T-Shirt design, painted covers for various individual issues and more. There's easily 120 pages of interior artwork in this stack not including the covers, sketches, ad artwork etc.!

I still can't believe that I'm now the proud owner of this artwork from my friend and talented artist Mark....I never thought in a million years that I'd be able to own all of this and it just means the world to me.

Now my question to you all....if you had this much artwork from one single series....would you scan it all and place every single page in your comicartfans.com gallery or would that be considered overkill?

Here's the link to the photos.

http://www.inkmachine.com/nightstreets

Thanks for your thoughts!

Jason Moore

P.S. If anyone has some large old Itoya portfolios they want to sell so I have somewhere to store these originals, please contact me at inkmachine@gmail.com =)

I remember Deadworld, especially loved Vince Locke's covers. Issue #7 was the best on. I didn't know Arrow Comics was based Ypsilanti, MI, where I was born but I left before they started publishing.

As to posting it, ya I was scan and post it all but do it one issue at a time. Might help track down your 5 missing pages. Congrats on getting all the art.

:golfclap:

Congratulations

Now my question to you all....if you had this much artwork from one single series....would you scan it all and place every single page in your comicartfans.com gallery or would that be considered overkill?

Yes and Yes

I like to put my complete issues/stories in their OWN FOLDERS ON CAF . Having only 24 pages or so makes it a lot easier to look through. Not many are going to go through a folder of 100+ pages (not in my CAF they don't)

Thanks for your thoughts!

Jason Moore

P.S. If anyone has some large old Itoya portfolios they want to sell so I have somewhere to store these originals, please contact me at inkmachine@gmail.com =)

if you need some cheap Itoya portfolios you might want to look HERE

-Mike

(who owns a page or two from InkMachine (thumbs u )

Ok, I think I'll add them all =)

I'll definitely place them in folders per issue and probably make a "Night Streets Misc." folder for all of the other related artwork.

Brian, I'm lucky enough to own the back cover to Deadworld #7 which was always my favorite and I like to refer to as the Andy Warhol Zombie lol.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=422443&GSub=65973

Mike, I'm curious....what pages do you own of mine that I've worked on?? =)

Best,

Jason

Jason,

A month ago, Mitch Itkowitz sent out a note saying he had portfolios for sale for a nice price. Thought you might be interested if you don't have a nearby source.

Best,

Alex

Hey All,

I have about 125 11 x 14 Itoya portfolio books for sale.

All are in great condition.

Here is a price breakdown....

1 book = $6.00 + $3 for shipping

5 books = $25 +$5 shipping

10 books = $45 + $10 shipping

For larger orders, please email me.

Paypal payments accepted only as payment. My Paypal account is mitkowitz@hvc.rr.com

Perfect to display your sketch/commission collection!

Best,

Mitch Itkowitz

mitkowitz@hvc.rr.com

http://www.graphiccollectibles.com