• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help w/ a Copper Collection

35 posts in this topic

Yep; it's a parody Ren and Stimpy. And on the other side (b/c the owner like to double-, triple-, and quadruple-bag comics) there is another, yet different, parody comic of Ren and Stimpy.

The price tag was not a lot on this partial collection, but just thumbing through the off-the-wall comics was fun enough.

He had at least 30 copies of Protectors #5; I think that is the one -- whichever has the bullet hole through the entire comic.

Not a lot (if any) Ex-Mutants stuff or Ultraverse; good amount of Innovation comics and Continuity.

On to Faust, as promised...

Good news: There are multiple copies of every issue, 1-10 and 1-5 Rebel Editions.

Bad news: There are more subsequent printings in there than I would have thought (and this is not like Doomsday where later printings are sometimes better). There are enough 1st prints to do a single 1-10 run.

Additional bad news: The Premiere #1 edition is pretty beat up and there is only 1 copy.

Additional good news: A couple/few of the issues are signed by either Vigil or Quinn or someone else on the inside page.

Additional good news: A couple/few of the issues are signed by either Vigil or Quinn or someone else on the inside page.

Ehh, not if one wants to have them slabbed. Pretty sure they would get the GLOD.

If it's on the interior page I thought it would be Blue with a notation?

In other news, Rust #1 still sells! (Found a few of those, too.)

When I get some time (if anyone still cares), I take some pictures of the more mainstream stuff I found while separating the collection. There is some Marvel, almost no DC.

There was a large glut of New Mutants stuff; knowing this guy liked to jam multiple copies into a single bag, I opened every pack around 86 and 99 but no 98's found. Not even a lonely 87. No Annual 2 either, but a lot of Annual 5 b/c (as the stick said) it was Liefield's first work on New Mutants (so let's buy 10 copies!).

Ehh, not if one wants to have them slabbed. Pretty sure they would get the GLOD.

Not to derail the thread, but it would get blue with notation. The signatures would technically impact the grade, but probably not a lot. You'd just get "Name written on first page" unless they could read the signature, and then it may say "(insert creator name here) written on first page".

DD01CGC.jpg

I've just about culled down the haul; nearly breaking even on the random ones and 90's overflow.

Still leaves me with a long box (give or take) of Faust and other Vigil stuff; a lot of adult comics (which also appear to sell well on eBay); and more mainstream 1st appearances of this era (MoS 17/18, X-Factor 23/24, Spawn 9, Eternal Warrior 4, Harbinger 1, Solar 10, etc.).

Keeping some of the odder stuff (like SANTA CLAWS) for myself and will see how TAPPING THE VEIN is.

Hi Hector -- :hi: -- long time. You used to be all over these boards.