• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A superhero movie finally wins an Oscar for best picture! Birdman!

24 posts in this topic

http://deadline.com/2014/10/birdman-director-alejandro-gonzalez-inarritu-writers-interview-852206/

"That’s what I am saying. Superheroes…just the word hero bothers me. What the [spoon] does that mean? It’s a false, misleading conception, the superhero. Then, the way they apply violence to it, it’s absolutely right wing. If you observe the mentality of most of those films, it’s really about people who are rich, who have power, who will do the good, who will kill the bad. Philosophically, I just don’t like them."

The Oscars keep dipping in the ratings, Even with bad jokes and new antics to entice us. if they don't want to recognize what the movie going public places the most money in that's their loss. The effect will be continue to be....... Poor ratings
I really don't think ratings matter too much. Even if every network drops the Academy Awards, there is still gonna be some farce for filmmakers to get their awards. This is their Superbowl, I don't see them putting in Transformers 5 and Ride Along 2 in to draw big Nielson ratings. We are just witnesses to the spectacle, like those televised murder trials or The Bachelor. hm