• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This guy has it figured out.

47 posts in this topic

Not only that they have no relatives at all no brother for steve rogers, sister for peter parker-nothing.

Also, pretty sure Earth 2 Barry Allen's parents both lived to old age.

Last I knew of X-Men continuity, Kitty Pryde's parents only divorced, and Jean Grey's parents were living happily together.

:D

-slym

Perhaps to be more accurate he should have said any hero that explodes into the mainstream... but then you have a really small pool.

Spider-man, Superman, Batman, Wolverine... ?

batman-no siblings, GL-no siblings, Flash-no siblings, GA-no siblings, Black Canary-no siblings, wonder woman-no siblings, etc etc

The only superheroes with siblings-they also have superpowers eg Havok, Johnny Storm, etc

Last I knew of X-Men continuity, Kitty Pryde's parents only divorced, and Jean Grey's parents were living happily together.

-slym

Kitty Pryde's father is dead, and so is the entire Grey family line.

Any superhero his nemesis is the exact opposite

Superman is brawn his nemesis is brains

Batman is dead serious his nemesis is a joker

GL is green, his nemesis is yellow

Spiderman is poor his nemesis is rich

etc

I freely admit, I know nothing of current X-Men continuity.

:)

-slym

Any superhero his nemesis is the exact opposite

Superman is brawn his nemesis is brains

Batman is dead serious his nemesis is a joker

GL is green, his nemesis is yellow

Spiderman is poor his nemesis is rich

etc

Orange is the opposite of green though

And I don't know if Green Goblin is all that much a nemesis of Spiderman. I think I was reading ASM from around 1990-1994. It was one of the very last comics I gave up on because I was getting it through a school book fair subscription service type thing. I think I saw the Sinister Six more times than Green Goblin, and definitely Venom and Carnage. Black Cat may have been the most common foe at the time.

I freely admit, I know nothing of current X-Men continuity.

:)

-slym

And in many ways you’re a lucky guy not to know. :P

The deaths of Marvel characters in the last 10-15 years have been narrated in an increasingly poor way, they just did it to "resurrect" (because that is not the proper meaning of resurrection) them at a later date, or both.

Not to mention the presumption of incapable writers dealing with larger than life topics.

I think they reached a point where the dignity and sacredness of death was thrown in the W.C., although it seems recently they are doing a bit better.

And I don't know if Green Goblin is all that much a nemesis of Spiderman. I think I was reading ASM from around 1990-1994. It was one of the very last comics I gave up on because I was getting it through a school book fair subscription service type thing. I think I saw the Sinister Six more times than Green Goblin, and definitely Venom and Carnage. Black Cat may have been the most common foe at the time.

Yes but Goblin (and Kingpin) have always been traditionally the biggest foes of Spider-Man.

How about Union Jack? Both father and sons have been superheroes, one during World War I, the other two during World War II.

batman-no siblings, GL-no siblings, Flash-no siblings, GA-no siblings, Black Canary-no siblings, wonder woman-no siblings, etc etc

The only superheroes with siblings-they also have superpowers eg Havok, Johnny Storm, etc

Hal Jordan has a Brother

Guy Gardner has a family

John Steward has siblings

In regard to silver age and early bronze age Marvel, most characters had little mention of parents or siblings.

The only brother or sister I can think of were Sue and Johnny, Wanda and Pietro, Thor and Loki. Then there's Odin. Sue and Johnny had a father that lasted 2 issues.

The X-Men's Angel had parents that were shown. Prof. X had a step-brother and step-father. Alex Summers showed up late in the original series.

Tony Stark had a black sheep cousin.

Peter had Aunt May and a deceased Uncle Ben, Matt Murdock had a deceased dad.

Oh yeah, and Aunt Petunia.