• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMICLINK February Featured Auction........................

176 posts in this topic

I just noticed that the two copies of Ms. Marvel #1 in 9.8 will provide an interesting data point in comparing the hammer values of two books from two companies in equivalent numerical grades. At present it seems pretty clear that the CGC book has an edge, and it will be interesting to see if it holds up.

Agreed; this is one of the more interesting stories Bronze-Age wise in this round of auctions.

The other of course being HOH #1 9.8 Suscha News. :o(worship)

The other other of course being the IF #14 price variant!!! (worship)

I just noticed that the two copies of Ms. Marvel #1 in 9.8 will provide an interesting data point in comparing the hammer values of two books from two companies in equivalent numerical grades. At present it seems pretty clear that the CGC book has an edge, and it will be interesting to see if it holds up.

Agreed; this is one of the more interesting stories Bronze-Age wise in this round of auctions.

I really hope the CGC copy doubles in price and blows away the other guy :angel:

I was curious about the Avengers 57 CGC 9.8 and it looks like the last copy (based on GPA) sold for $18,750 in 2009 whereas the copy last night sold for $6,900. Talk about taking a bath over the last 6 years.

BA Keys in 9.8 seem to be here to stay.....especially the ones with nice QP.......that Cap 117 was just a really pretty book..... and my solid bid proved to be laughable. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I was curious about the Avengers 57 CGC 9.8 and it looks like the last copy (based on GPA) sold for $18,750 in 2009 whereas the copy last night sold for $6,900. Talk about taking a bath over the last 6 years.

....That was a nice book, but that old label 9.6 right below it was one awesome looking book @ $3600 (I think)..... Avengers 57 is one high demand issue, as it should be. I was buying Avengers off the stand back then and it was the only one that I didn't get because it was sold out. GOD BLESS...

'you can't lose $ on keys;' it's the 11th commandment. or '9.8's don't count.' it's one or the other.

I really hope the CGC copy doubles in price and blows away the other guy :angel:

The "other company's" cover is a lot better centered. To me, if I were looking to purchase one, that would make a difference as well as who graded it. It might give an advantage to that book.

The "other company's" cover is a lot better centered. To me, if I were looking to purchase one, that would make a difference as well as who graded it. It might give an advantage to that book.

Same here. This is simply the next evolution of the "don't buy the grade, buy the book" rule to me.

I'm curious to see how the two books end up but I'm ticked that ComicLink has two books in the same grade in the same auction. I know they are two different companies but I'd think it would be common practices to not have two books competing against each other. I can see why they need to have a 9.8 and a 9.6 and a 9.4 of the hot books but two of the same grade seems odd.

I'm curious to see how the two books end up but I'm ticked that ComicLink has two books in the same grade in the same auction. I know they are two different companies but I'd think it would be common practices to not have two books completing against each other. I can see why they need to have a 9.8 and a 9.6 and a 9.4 of the hot books but two of the same grade seems odd.

Not the first time that has happened, and CL will tell you if you ask if there is another book of the same issue and grade already cosigned for an auction that is identical to something you want to cosign with them.

But you have to ask, thats for sure.

I'm curious to see how the two books end up but I'm ticked that ComicLink has two books in the same grade in the same auction. I know they are two different companies but I'd think it would be common practices to not have two books completing against each other. I can see why they need to have a 9.8 and a 9.6 and a 9.4 of the hot books but two of the same grade seems odd.

Look at the census explosion on books like this, I suspect Clink has copies in all grades lined up for the next several auctions and can't put them out fast enough.

Look at the census explosion on books like this, I suspect Clink has copies in all grades lined up for the next several auctions and can't put them out fast enough.

yep and that whoppin' census deluge will make the Avengers 57 price adjustment wash-out look like a pitter patter sponge bath!

Tip: Get the soap on a rope!

:gossip:

I consigned a meager 9.6 Spectacular Spider-Man # 1 to C-link last July, and the queue of high-grade copies was so long it didn't actually get placed into auction until last month (January).

when you going to put some of those sweet Magnus's out there???

:baiting:

Ok, I peeked at the March Auction Preview...it has a 9.8, 2 "competing" 9.6's, a 9.4, a 9.2, and an 8.5.

I also peeked at the Census, within the last 12 months the number of graded 9.8 copies has more than doubled. :o

That Green Lantern 76 in 9.4 sure looks sweet. Way outside my range but I can still dream.

..... I know..... I put in a crazy bid and was shot down in flames early on. I love that comic and that one is definitely not a soft 9.4. With the historical significance (some call it the birth of the BA...) the price GL/GA 76 commands doesn't seem that outrageous.... GOD BLESS...

That Green Lantern 76 in 9.4 sure looks sweet. Way outside my range but I can still dream.

..... I know..... I put in a crazy bid and was shot down in flames early on. I love that comic and that one is definitely not a soft 9.4. With the historical significance (some call it the birth of the BA...) the price the command doesn't seem that outrageous.... GOD BLESS...

Killer copy for sure, it sold for $3,950 in 2013 and then a paltry $2,125 in December. The $3,950 buyer get bent over at re-sale, but the December flipper will make out nicely on this beauty. :cloud9:

And then there's the $11,000 sale a few years ago...that'll leave a mark! doh!