• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen CGC comics from this past Phoenix Comic Con (Feb. 15, 2015)

16 posts in this topic

Hey gang,

Phil Schlaefer is a comic dealer friend of mine out of Northern California.

He told me a white plastic box with a black lid was stolen during load out at the Phoenix Convention this past Sunday Feb 15th.

Inside the box were the following books:

CGC graded

Avengers #1 2.0 Stan Lee Signature Series #1159162-005

Strange Tales #110 4.5 Stan Lee Signature Series #1159162-004

Tales to Astonish #27 1.8 Stan Lee Signature Series #1150162-003

FF #6 5.5

Giant-Size X-Men #1 7.0

Giant-Size X-Men #1 5.5 purple label upper left color touch and spine repair

Amazing Spider-Man #129 9.0

Superman #199 7.0

CBCS graded

Dr, Strange #1 9.2 #7500958-AA 001 Signature signed by Brunner, Englehart, Giordano

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #5 9.6 #1578-AA-010

Fantastic Four #45 6.5 #2588-AD-001

If you comic book detectives come across these books please send me a PM or contact Phil personally with his information below.

Lets catch the scumbag!

John (007)

Phil Schlaefer

PRESIDENT

CPRS/Champion Comics

FoosballPro/Foosball Master Tour

596 E. El Camino Real

Sunnyvale, Ca. 94087

(408)315-1965

phil@comic-press.com

phil@foosballpro.com

I hope their books are returned... if not, do shops carry insurance for this sort of thing? I hope they're made whole however it turns out!

Most established dealers have insurance. Not all of them do, but its a cost of doing business.

I hope their books are returned... if not, do shops carry insurance for this sort of thing? I hope they're made whole however it turns out!

Most established dealers have insurance. Not all of them do, but its a cost of doing business.

I heard a horror story of a LCS back east that had the "wrong kind" of insurance, and had disaster causing a near-total loss of inventory... but insurance only covered original value not current FMV. So all those GA and SA keys that were lost were 10-cent and 12-cent losses.

Don't know if it's true or urban myth or not, but still.... yikes if true.

Great news!

Just received a call from Phil and the books were packed and covered up for protection in a different box unbeknownst to Phil. We can call off the dogs and drop the hunt. All is good except for perhaps the helper who packed them and didn't remember doing so. :makepoint: