• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Places to show/sell posters, animation art, magazines, ephemera?

3 posts in this topic

One great thing about this forum is that it's tightly focused on OA, and the comics forums are focused on comics. However, I'm wondering if there is a good place to display and possibly sell off some of the other stuff that comics fans tend to also collect. From my decades as a comic fan and animation artist I've ended up with boxes of magazines, posters, and other animation and comics related material. I once ran a benefit art auction on eBay, so I'm acutely aware of how much energy and time it takes to sell things there, and a lot of this stuff is not particularly valuable. So eBay is not an attractive option, and I simply don't have the time to deal with this stuff a piece at a time.

I have things like Marvel third-eye posters (easily the most valuable of this stuff), boxes of Comics Journals and (A SUIVRE) and similar comics/comics art magazines from the '80s, signed give-away posters from old Comicons, limited edition prints, Iron Giant toys, crew-only animation cchotchkies (no Disney stuff, so not much market), and some nice sketchbooks/art books/etc.

I've hauled a lot of this stuff though several moves, and I'm tired of opening closets and looking at unopened boxes I packed 12 years ago. I've steadily amassed a collection of beautiful original paintings and comic OA, so my walls are full, and my bookshelves are groaning. Thoughts on where I can show off and spread some of this around?

Yes...here!

Now what Superman stuff do you have ???

Haha, unfortunately, I was never a Superman guy. Actually, I do think I have a Steve Rude Superman/Batman poster, but that's about it.