• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catrick's Cornucopia is CLOSED

467 posts in this topic

Well, here we go again.

Welcome to the Ides of March edition of Catrick's Cornucopia

I'll be running this thread through Sunday March 15th, I find that a couple weeks' worth of listing is about all I can keep properly organized.

This time around it's more Raggedy Romance, some fresh PCH, a bunch of Archie titles, obscure ME and Atlas titles, plenty of oddball humor titles, precode crime from several publishers, and some nicer Westerns and War books. Got a couple of low grade Baker romances to list, a few sports related comics, and if I get to it, a pile of newspaper strip reprints like Magic, Ace, and Super. I'm also going to throw out an occasional rerun from the last thread, items that I thought should have sold, but for some reason didn't fly. On the bright side, they'll be pretty cheap, lol

I'll put up a big scan of the FC, note anything else I spot, and as always, if you'd like a scan of the back cover I'll be happy to do so.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me and we'll work something out.

:takeit: rules the roost, but PM's, kibitzing, and general tomfoolery are welcome.

$6 Priority flat shipping to the USA, one book or a stack. Canada or overseas to be determined

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ***MUCH*** PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal. If you just GOTTA pay with paypal PM me and we'll work something out.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Update on my friend Jack, still in the hospital after ten weeks, but off the ventilator several hours a day, and still improving. If they fully wean him from the ventilator he can start his physical therapy (the man is SCRAWNY!) and if he works it hard he could be home by the start of summer.

Let's hear it for modern medical techniques!

Thanks again to all who have offered their good wishes for my buddy.

Here's a placeholder rerun to keep you intrigued until I start up the new books this evening.

Dorothy Lamour 2 and 3, from Fox. These didn't sell in the last thread, so I'm pushing them out the door at a bargain price.

Take the PAIR for $20 SOLD!

gVwZXzS.jpg

oLvoTGl.jpg

New books up later this afternoon.

Hey Rick you are getting quite the fanbase :banana:

There's never anything good in these threads. Everyone should ignore it this evening (at least until I buy what I want...says someone who has bought something in every thread Rick has posted).

I will likely be on a flight when this begins. My guess is that Go Go inflight wifi will be somewhat slower than service on the ground. To those with whom I have contested the Fox, Charlton and St John romance books, I already concede the initial round :(

Oh, what the hell.

Here's a new one to hold your interest.

One of the odder hybrids I've seen, Teen-Age Animal Funnies

Weird.

Hi-Jinx 6, 1948. B & I Publishing (ACG)

Chips off RH FC, corner off upper LH BC. That's abut it, a pretty decent copy.

Dig those crazy sox and bowtie on the dude in the orange suit. NEVER have I seen a pair of saddle shoes worn so stylishly by a teen cat

$25 for a zoot suit with the reet pleat!!

yPyheJ4.jpg

Okay!

Let's get a few books up before dinnertime.

Boy Illustories 60, Lev Gleason

Two Crimebuster VS Iron Jaw stories this issue, the return of Iron Jaw.

Tears at both staples, in particular at upper staple, see scan. Cover is hanging on by a thread at each staple. Otherwise, general wear and tear.

Take it for $12

6qr9y6m.jpg

More Fun Comics 113, 1946

Late humor issue, these don't seem to show up very often.

Piece out front cover, see scan, and two good sized chunks out of two interior pages, about 2" wide at the top of the page, tapering downb to nothing at midpage. Affects two panels on the first page enough to affect the readability of the story, second page is ad on the first side, and splash page on the second, story is complete.

So you're missing parts of four panels on the last two pages of a Wendy story, and part of an ad page and part of the art on the splash page of a Cabbie Casey story. These two pages make up the CF, which is loose to boot.

Take home a half arse reader copy for $15 SOLD!

VKkTT0k.jpg

Space Adventures 8, 1953. Charlton

Small pieces along spine FC and BC, tears along spine to boot.

Cool cute girl robot cover by Giordano.

Solid enough reader for $20

WpMDYmQ.jpg

Real Fact Comics 10, 1947

Vigilante by Meskin, plus Virgil Finlay story.

Touch of general soiling, small corner off lower RH FC, couple small tears, plus fair sized corner off upper LH BC.

Asking $20 SOLD!

LACxcpd.jpg

Major Hoople 1, 1942, Nedor

Strip reprints of Major Hoople, plus 4 pages of Phantom Soldier by Shelly Moldoff. Gotta admit, I've never seen this comic before.

Light stain along entire RH edge, barely brushes art on a few pages. Light soiling FC and BC. Tear at staple, but cover still attached.

Yours for $60 SOLD! by Bundle

qqQN8kv.jpg

Patches 11, 1947

Red Skelton featured on cover and in first story, two page text story, Short Boy Scout story,.

Tape FC and spine, small tear first leaf, light stain second leaf.

Asking $15 SOLD! by Bundle

wDT2jDP.jpg

Battlefront 22, 1954

Nice and glossy, but the upper staple is pulled, and that's the only staple in the book, the lower staple was never installed. Light stain lower RH BC. Interior is nice

$20 takes it

SuHaEa1.jpg

Jukebox Comics 2, 1948

Dinah Shore cover. Nice glossy cover, corner off upper RH FC, see scan, small tear RH BC.

Take it home for $40

NqIWdHF.jpg

Teen Life Comics and Adventure 3, 1945.

Nice glossy copy, minor general wear, small tears at staple, dogear lower RH FC, otherwise flat, tight, clean, white pages.

Yours for $35

uICScDy.jpg