• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catrick's Cornucopia is CLOSED

467 posts in this topic

Four Color 6 (Series II) Smitty

Minor ink FC, piece out lower spine, but a solid copy otherwise with some general wear and a few small to tiny tears inside. Still has decent gloss on the cover

Asking $30 SOLD!

MjHk2uM.jpg

Four Color 14 (Series II), Smilin' Jack

Plenty of old tape along spine inside and out, but that's the worst of it, otherwise solid and supple, with piece out lower LH FC, general wear. Interior is actually quite nice except for the stains on the first fold from the old tape

Take it home for $30 SOLD!

wxwJqog.jpg

Attention Harvey fans!

Here come a couple early ones.

Sad Sack 13, 1951

Get this, spine is split 1" upper end, and then again for a couple inches between the staples. Kind of odd....

That's the worst of it, book is otherwise not bad shape, but the spine of the cover only is rolled up a bit along both front and back, and there's a light water stain upper LH of the book.

Yours for $10 SOLD!

x0u3x3h.jpg

Sad Sack 17, 19852.

Cover is loose, otherwise pretty nice. Couple small tears upper edge, minor soiling along spine BC

Yours for $10 SOLD!

LV1gQ30.jpg

Fugitives From Justice 1, 1952. St. Johns

Tape upper LH FC, touch of spine roll is the worst of it. Otherwise minor general wear.

Asking $30

4IMVFzw.jpg

Fugitives From Justice 4, 1952. St. Johns

Tape along spine inside cover, cover detached. chips out along spine of first fold. Long water stain along most of spine, entire book.

Still a perfectly acceptable reader copy.

Asking $12

FhYvsLy.jpg

Red Band Comics 2, 1945.

Not quite sure it makes the cut for PCH, but this is a pretty creepy cover, IMO.

Miscut to beat hell, piece out lower LH FC, only one staple ever installed, and the CF is loose. Lotsa little spots and flaws FC.

Anyone want a reader copy for $20? SOLD!

jyloRh6.jpg

Red Band Comics 2, 1945.

Not quite sure it makes the cut for PCH, but this is a pretty creepy cover, IMO.

Miscut to beat hell, piece out lower LH FC, only one staple ever installed, and the CF is loose. Lotsa little spots and flaws FC.

Anyone want a reader copy for $20?

jyloRh6.jpg

I'll take it

Startling Terror Tales 8, 1954.

Great L B Cole cover on a lousy copy. Cover loose, and spine is completely split. Sigh...Well, the interior is still nice, anyhow.

Reader copy for $20

JlGP2w7.jpg

Love Romances 15, 1951. Atlas

A step up from the usual Raggedy Romance, this copy is tight and square, with just a whiff of stacking roll, minor general wear, a few small stains and a neat stamp BC. Still nice and glossy, offwhite interior.

Asking $30 for this beauty.

ZkodaDo.jpg

True Love Pictorial 1, 1952. St. Johns

Nice and glossy, but this issue has been damp enough to give it the "wrinkle", and there's a good sized water stain that doesn't show much on the FC, but is very obvious through the spine side edges of many pages.

Otherwise tight and clean.

Grab a solid reader and stick it under a set of encyclopedias for a month.

Asking $20

EeWbnnc.jpg

Now I expect everybody to play nice and give Shrevvy a fair shake, he collects this title.

Suzie Comics 61, 1948

Spine roll, small corner off lower LH BC, couple glue repairs to tears on FC, good sized dogears lower FC.

Yours for $12 SOLD!

1frZY6j.jpg

Suzie 63, 1948

Transverse spine roll, and you cant' see most of it, but RH edge of book has critter nibbles along much of the length, not deep but enough to ragged up the edge.

FREE with issue 61! GONE!

mdEJ2Jm.jpg

Now I expect everybody to play nice and give Shrevvy a fair shake, he collects this title.

Suzie Comics 61, 1948

Spine roll, small corner off lower LH BC, couple glue repairs to tears on FC, good sized dogears lower FC.

Yours for $12, and I hope Shrevvy gets a shot.

1frZY6j.jpg

From a taxi...I'll take it

All right, that's it for the evening, I've been out of town for three days and have household chores to get done.

I'll let these marinate overnight, and there may, MAY, be a couple of interesting Early Bird Specials tomorrow morning around 5:30 Eastern time.

G'night, and thanks to all you lookers.

Lookie there, Shrevvy nailed Suzie! ...umm, so to speak.

Suzie 61 is SOLD! And Suzie 63 is out the door with it!