• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catrick's Cornucopia is CLOSED

467 posts in this topic

Laurel and Hardy 2, 1949. St Johns

Ink FC, small corner off lower RH BC, whiff of spine or stacking roll. Decent lower grade book.

Asking $45 SOLD! by Bundle

okOxU4a.jpg

All right, it's time for the first bundle of the thread!

Fugitives From Justice 1 $30

Fugitives From Justice 4 $12

Crime Smashers 10 $10

Total as listed, $52

Take all three books for $40

And with that, I'm yawning and nodding in front of the computer.

Calling it a night, I'll be back tomorrow around 5 AM with some more goodies, and more tomorrow evening to boot!

G'night, all

Fairy Tale Parade 8, 1943

Always a recommended series, these are great reads.

This is a tight copy, but with issues on the front cover, see scan. Upper left hand has had something stuck to it and peeled back off, leaving tape-style pulls and some soiling behind. Similar pull lower RH FC. Still displays nicely

Yours for $30

DyEOtCG.jpg

Atomic War! 4, 1953.

Blowing up the Russkies edition.

Neat tape repairs along entire spine inside, looks to have a good sized spine roll pressed out to boot. General wear, dogears FC. Displays nicely, and with the repairs it's a nice tight copy, lol

Take it home for $50 SOLD!

67OMb2I.jpg

Atom Age Combat 2, 1952.

This one has it all, from heroic Marines against the dirty Commies to fighting against flying saucers! Gotta love the Fifties...

Nice glossy copy, tight and clean, but chips off both corners lower FC

Yours for $50

iWuNWQv.jpg

Green Hornet 45, 1949

Flat, tight and clean, but it's gotten juuuust damp enough to make some wrinkles along RH side, see scan, but not damp enough to leave any stains. Similar wrinkles and a small rust stain (staple size) on LH BC. This copy is begging for a professional pressing, I'd be interested to see if these all went away.

Asking $45 for this one

DtqJoba.jpg

Atomic War! 4, 1953.

Blowing up the Russkies edition.

Neat tape repairs along entire spine inside, looks to have a good sized spine roll pressed out to boot. General wear, dogears FC. Displays nicely, and with the repairs it's a nice tight copy, lol

Take it home for $50

67OMb2I.jpg

I'll take it

Okay, it's that time again.

Blackhawk 23, 1949

Small tear lower FC, minor general wear, and that's not a spine roll, that's a slightly miscut cover and staples offset a quarter inch into the FC. Oh, there's a whiff of stacking roll, but it's very minor. There's a bit of gloss left, and book is tight and clean, with just a touch of rust on the staples.

Who wants a good looking lower grader for $60?

11IhA8q.jpg

Blackhawk 80, 1954

Rough reader, general wear, two corners off FC, ink FC, big dogears, good sized tear BC. Interior is okay.

FREE with any other issue of Blackawk or Modern! Just claim it in the thread.

dBQh8j4.jpg

Slam Bang Comics 7, 1940

Here you go, a prewar hero book.

Has 2" split lower spine, small (apx 3/4 x 1/4) corner off lower LH BC, chip out lower RH FC. Still glossy, tight spine and CF, lays nice and flat.

I want $100 for this one. SOLD!

lwRgM9O.jpg

Four Color 113 (Popeye)

Start of original stories in the comics with this issue.

Tight and clean enough, but general wear, a couple big dogears, and virtually no gloss left, pulled lower staple on center fold.

$15 takes it SOLD!

Olv7iSx.jpg

Four Color 149 (Smilin' Jack)

Light spine roll, one small piece of completely useless tape, that's about it. Nice tight single staple issue. The worst of it is a light dust shadow BC, couple tiny tears lower BC, and that damned piece of useless tape.

Yours for $40

3iTmjAp.jpg

Animal Comics 29, 1947.

Far and away the best of the three issues in this thread.

Touch of stacking/spine roll, otherwise tight and square, CF and cover firmly attached, offwhite - white pages. Very light dust shadow LH and upper BC, along with some sort of stamp upper LH BC. Mighty nice over all.

Asking $20 SOLD!

INvwzBz.jpg

Suzie Comics 71, 1949.

Piece out front cover at staple, smaller piece out first fold just below. couple tears BC, small pc out lower BC, general wear.

Take it for $10

X2CjIas.jpg

Suzie Comics 72, 1949.

Structurally nicer than the last issue, but the silverfish have been at the last inch lower spine, and there are those little brown ring stains through the logo. Oh, and the pencil scribble center FC

Interior is tight and cream/offwhite.

$10 for this one too.

B7Pmotv.jpg