• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Value Stamps in 20-cent issues?

7 posts in this topic

Anyone know if there were any Marvel Value Stamps in 20-cent issues? CI's article on the MVS is no longer available, not sure if it listed every issue with the stamps anyhow...

Thanks for the answer fellas! grin.gif

I sold some books a while back to another collector here in NC and we met in person this weekend for him to pick 'em up and I brought along some other books he wanted to look at. In any case, he picked up a bunch of mid-grade 20/25-centers and we were peeking through them looking for the MVS, and while we didn't see any in 20-cent issues, he said he thought they came out prior to the price increase...guess he was right!

I know that ASM 130 was the first month with the MVS in it, since it's a long-running joke that Punisher missed by a single month, the "clipped and collected" phobia that consumes Hulk 181. I also believe, MTU 19 was in that first wave, whatever month those two issues were.