• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave McKean & Neil Gaiman's Mirrormask

2 posts in this topic

Hi folks. I'm in beautiful Park City Utah at the Sundance Film Festival with my girlfriend and we had the opportunity to see the premiere of Mirrormask, the new feature film written by Neil Gaiman (Sandman, 1602, etc.) and directed/visualized by Dave McKean (Sandman covers, Cages, etc.) I thought I'd give the boards a quick review.

The movie was really strange. Kind of like Alice In Wonderland meets Labryinth and Time Bandits in a Terry Gilliam dreamscape. A lot of the Hollywood crowd might have thought it was a little too weird for their tastes, but I really enjoyed it. You have Dave McKean's talking "cats" that bring to mind some of his Sandman covers and his work in Cages that really work well on the screen. Lots of cgi landscapes that aren't really comparable to anything else I've seen at the movies. Really neat stuff.

Neil and Dave were there and I said hello. I asked Neil about his secret Marvel project and if it would involve Miracleman. He said he wishes it would, but all of that is still in legal limbo.