• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Currently working on Disney/Marvel Studio upgrades

8 posts in this topic

I'm an architect in California and we've been working on small projects with Disney for awhile and now I'm getting a little more involved with the projects. Presently we're getting ready to do some office remodeling/upgrades for the Disney/Marvel Studios in Silver Lake.

Just kind of cool me being a Marvel fan/guy all my life that here I find myself working on a related venture...pretty trippy and pretty cool for me...

:headbang:

Also, looks like we'll be doing stage upgrades to 3 stages for Grey's Anatomy...

:banana:

Sweet – I did not know, Thomas! I recall I was deligthed when I visited Los Angeles and the Disney Studios site, which had been recently turned into mostly administrative offices as the studios were scattered in many other places.

The work of Michael Graves on the parks and on the "greek-like" temple with the Seven Dwarves in the studios was delightful for me (although I have read some criticized it harshly at the time) – surely better than Aldo Rossi, which was one of the other architects at work on the theme parks resorts, and that he did the new wing in our monumental cemetery here… :sick:

I know nothing of architecture but I always loved it, and as a graphic designer I always look at design and architecture as a whole. I love Peter Behrens… :)

Pictures!?!

If not, then you really work at a fast food joint (Still an honest living).

No pictures yet as the plans are still on-going...will loop back some time in the future... :makepoint:

WOW! As of today...in more comic book/Super Hero related news just got this newsletter announcement (I have a condo in downtown LA at 11th and Hope Street called LUMA)...they do a lot of movie and tv shoots in this proximity...this is down the street at the next corner...

Dear Luma Residents,

Warner Brothers Entertainment is planning to film scenes of SUPERGIRL at 1200 S. Hope St.

Proposed dates:

Tuesday, March 10th (7am – 5am on 3/11)

Wednesday, March 11th (7am – 5am on 3/12)

Description of scenes & activities:

Interior and exterior walk and talk dialogue, exterior establishing shots, atmospheric smoke effects, cameras/equipment on sidewalk/curb lane/across the street, condors for lighting, exterior night scene with stunt actor falling from a lift onto a crashpad, 2-minute intermittent traffic/pedestrian control. Proposed posted “NO PARKING” ANYTIME 3/10 & 3/11 (TRUCKS PARKING OVERNIGHT) on BOTH sides of Hope from 12th going North for 300’ & South for 300’ and BOTH sides of 12th from Hope to Grand. Proposed closure of the CURB LANE + 1 ADJACENT LANE from 7am on 3/10 thru 5am on 3/12 (continuous) on the WEST side of Hope from 12th going South for 200’ and the SOUTH side of 12th from Hope going East for 100’. Prep will begin on 3/6 & 3/9 from 7am – 10pm and STRIKE on 3/12 from 7am – 7pm with “NO PARKING” (for prep/strike) on the EAST side of Hope from 12th going South for 200’ and the SOUTH side of 12th from Hope to Grand.