• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some hard to find silver age comics!!!????!!!!

15 posts in this topic

What are some of the hardest to find silver age "non-key" comics?

A few that I've noticed are:

Brave & Bold # 31, 32, 33

Tales of Suspense 49

Superman 199

JLA 31

Anyone got or seen any of these in high grade (9.4 ?) What are some others?

TOS #49 is a very tough book as it is a high demand 'key'. It features a very early X-Men cross over and is on most SA collectors wants list.

As far as non key books go the early torch issues of Strange Tales are very tough in high grade.

TOS #49 is actuly the first X-Men crossover (same date as X-Men #3). It's also the first Avengers crossover (w/o Captain America), 2nd appearance of The Watcher and 2nd appearance of Iron Man's new armor.

I as well as many would consider TOS 49 a true "key." But there are some other are minor keys as well that are very difficult to find in strict high grades, TOS 57 (1st Hawkeye), TTA 57 (early Spidey x-over), Avengers 9 & 16 (dark covers, new line-up/new characters). I sold a slabbed 7.0 of the TOS 49, but that was my best copy I had. Can't find another in my collection in decent shape. tongue.gif

Speaking of 'ol shell head,there is a beautiful copy of IM #1 just wasting away

on the wall at Boscos Comics in Anchorage,Alaska:

www.boscos.com

It's approx. VF but I didn't get a look at the inside pages.If I had the money to do it

I would.But YOU can for only $350!!

Check them out!