• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.9 Question

8 posts in this topic

Ok so I was over on Ebay just searching for CGC 9.9 comics and I was floored by the amount of "Grim Fairy Tales" titles that are getting 9.9s.

I've never had a Grim Fairy Tale book so my question is: Are they printing on different paper to allow all these 9.9s?

Grimm books have a card stock type cover that lends itself to higher grades. They are also a book that is aimed for people who do not necessarily read them, just get them for the covers, so they are not handled as much. IDW has a lot of 9.9/10.0 books too, because of their cover stock.

Grimm books have a card stock type cover that lends itself to higher grades. They are also a book that is aimed for people who do not necessarily read them, just get them for the covers, so they are not handled as much. IDW has a lot of 9.9/10.0 books too, because of their cover stock.

Thank you for the information!