• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thursday afternoon rant

27 posts in this topic

Counter-point:

I hate when a seller has the "make an offer" option but then every time you submit your offer it tells you they declined it anyways

What's the point of even giving the buyer the option?

So we don't have to deal with d-bags who submit 50% of the value as their best offer.

Counter-point:

I hate when a seller has the "make an offer" option but then every time you submit your offer it tells you they declined it anyways

So we don't have to deal with d-bags who submit 50% of the value as their best offer.

Add _COBRA_COMMANDER to your screen name. :baiting:

Counter-point:

What if the seller is asking x2 or x3 times the going rate?

Counter-point:

That makes them a different flavor of d-bag

:jokealert:

Counter-point:

Then find the non-rare book elsewhere.

Sometimes common sense should kick in on both sides.

Counter-point:

Then find the non-rare book elsewhere.

Sometimes common sense should kick in on both sides.

+5

That's because they have set a floor under which they would rather not deal with lowballs.

I know of a way overpriced comic for 12k where if I remember correct his best offer cutoff is at $11,750. He insisted however the book was going to make a comeback! I should buy it now at the year 2035 price. :screwy: Correction: He raised it to 12.5

When you deal with these types of sellers, it's best to just let it go.