• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best grading service overall?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys and gals!

I'm a long time collector, but brand new here.

I'm old fashion, not up with new technology. My VCR still blinks!

I have a huge collection, the majority of which is not graded. I have purchased many CGC graded comics and plan, at this time to submit a lot in the coming year.

But I read about other companies that grade.

Who's the best and why?

Thanks everyone.

Does your collection comprise of GA? SA? BA? or moderns?

The age of your collection will probably dictate how thorough a restoration check you want.

CGC is by far better, and more respected for resto checks.

Compare pricing of what each company will charge for your potential slabbing candidates, and how long you want to be without your books should also be a factor in your decision.

Also are you slabbing to just slab and keepum?.. or to sell..re-sell?

And if only to keep.. then why would you slab?

..Which holder do you like better for your paticular comics?... if you plan on selling them.. then do you feel you would get a better return with a CGC label.. or another?

Are these books in good enough condition to offest the slabbing cost?

Lotsa questions to ask yourself before you even consider picking a grading company.

And then pick which one seems to fit your needs, and wants best.

Ze-

I'd sign up for CS here . It'll give you 3 "express" submission coupons for 99 dollars. This means you'll get the books back in about 2 months round-trip. This way you can test your grading and see how you do. After that point, you can make the decision whether or not it's worthwhile to submit more books.

Brian