• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How is this already graded?

44 posts in this topic

I think the more important question is why would someone pay that much for a book that just came out? This is insert sports cards from the 90s all over again. Inflated silly prices based on pre-planned manipulated scarcity. Just makes me :sorry:

lol have you looked at the sports cards hobby in the last 10 years?

Not necessarily. What if-Gwen is not actually in the "Ultimate" universe.

This nonsense could remain its own free standing world.

-J.

What if... Marvel decided it could do whatever it wanted as long as it would sell comic books? Bringing Spider-Gwen into the main universe probably wouldn't even be the most outlandish thing Marvel had done to its stable. From what I've read about this event, it could open the door to anything.

I don't think so. Bringing What if-Gwen to the main universe would rather negate the appeal and the point of the character, and would be a pointless provocation of purists since they are already evidently bleeding the turnip dry with her where she is already. My 2 cents.

-J.

To be fair, Spider-Gwen -- even one dropped smack-dab into the main Marvel Universe -- would still probably be, like, only the 27th worst thing Marvel would have done to the Spider-Man character/franchise over the last 30 years or so.

Spider-Man's universe has survived (so far): the overexposure/watering down of Venom, terrible character redesigns/reboots (remember the female Doc Ock?, Sandman going back to being a bad guy after his reform? all the Kraven knock-offs after the original's death? Macendale Hobgoblin?) , Norman and Harry coming back from the dead, Spider-Armor (twice), deals with the devil (Marvel-version), marriage-erasing, drawn-out clone sagas, too many symbiotes, the butchering of the Hobgoblin ID reveal, Spider-Totems, Peter choosing to reveal his secret ID, the erasing of said ID reveal after doing very little with the story opportunities (Peter David's run excluded, unresolved plots (Who is Facade? Who was the 5th Green Goblin?), too many Goblins (Demogoblin? Grey Goblin? Menace??), reversing Aunt May's death (and a well-done story in #400), reversing Aunt May's knowledge of his secret (from Straczynski's run), funky spider-metabolism (organic web-shooters, cocoon-births), Peter dying, Doc Ock as Spider-Man, Humberto Ramos' art, Howard Mackie's writing, the completely unnecessary changes in Spider-Man: Year One by Byrne, Sins Past, Sins Past a 2nd time :censored:, and umpteen attempts to push Mary Jane out of the picture over the years.

Mileage may vary on the list above. :foryou:

bravo....bravo!

:golfclap:

Indeed. :golfclap::golfclap:

That was pretty damn good! :golfclap: