• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant gets $100million+ for U.S./Asian market

115 posts in this topic

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/valiant-entertainment-announces-nine-figure-780002

"A report in the New York Times on Sunday night revealed that Beijing-based DMG Entertainment has made what's described as "a nine-figure investment" in Valiant for feature and television financing."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/09/movies/dc-and-marvel-beware-valiant-is-to-make-films.html

<3

It's not Sony but I'll take it.

Shouldn't we all be happy it is not Sony Pictures.

I don't want my pre-unity characters to fail.

Maybe this will finally get a bump

:roflmao:

Ok... That one is laughable. But... Try finding some Solar 10's in strict 9.8. I've only seen a couple over the last few years that I was looking.

Ok... That one is laughable. But... Try finding some Solar 10's in strict 9.8. I've only seen a couple over the last few years that I was looking.

Looks like that $28 spent on a CGC 9.6 will pay off though.

:cloud9:

There were a couple of post unity characters, while derivative of other comic characters, would translate well. Ninjak immediately comes to mind especially with the current Hurt Locker direction they might be taking with the character.

Looks like that $28 spent on a CGC 9.6 will pay off though.

:cloud9:

I um... placed a MCS order or two around midnight. Also picked up a couple of things on eBay.

Full disclosure.

I picked up the first X-O trade a while back from my lcs for dirt cheap hoping for a good read. My goodness, it was awful. Hopefully they do better than that.

I've actually enjoyed XO. I sold off the modern Harbinger, Shadowman and Bloodshot runs. They were good but I wanted the space.

wow great news!!!

so Im guessing

Early gold issues Archer and Armstrong #0 limited to 5,000

Rai #1,3,4

Harbinger #1

will all get another big bump.

and books like:

Eternal Warrior 1,4,5 (1st bloodshot)

Shadowman 1,8 (1st Darque)

Archer and Armstrong 0 (first Archer/Armstrong)

Rai 0

Solar 10

will start getting pulled from $1.00 bins and priced accordingly in the $3-5 range.

The biggest mover will be those gold logo books limited to 5,000.

I'm only guessing but I recall those gold books were highly collectible. Valiant sent me one for submitting fan art in 91 or 92 and I recall the dealers trading up quite a bit for it!

either way I could care less about value or speculation Im so happy this great universe is finally going to be utilized to full effect!

I've actually enjoyed XO. I sold off the modern Harbinger, Shadowman and Bloodshot runs. They were good but I wanted the space.

Maybe it's cause I read it as a grown man. It was like pulling teeth to finish.

I enjoyed the new XO as well, not much else really grew on me.

Im a sucker for pre unity Valiant though..

also I liked the Three Musketeers story With Gilad,Archer and Armstrong post unity.. such a great read, one of my favorite reads of all time actually

edit: that is Archer and Armstrong/Eternal Warrior #8!

Wait are you talking the original XO or the recent 2012 version ?

Either one was written for adults. Aric Dacia as a Visigoth warrior tearing into Romans and then Vine aliens wouldn't be something written for children.

I enjoyed the new XO as well, not much else really grew on me.

Im a sucker for pre unity Valiant though..

also I liked the Three Musketeers story With Gilad,Archer and Armstrong post unity.. such a great read, one of my favorite reads of all time actually

edit: that is Archer and Armstrong/Eternal Warrior #8!

Don't forget that issue introduces Ivar as well so it's another Valiant key issues to look out for. (thumbs u