• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink shilling - Please sanction this consignor

41 posts in this topic

I think the comic community itself is the best self monitor. From these boards alone, I have noticed people alerting others to fraudulent sales leading to GPA manipulations, shill bidding and other irregular selling or buying activities.

I think the comic community itself is the best self monitor. From these boards alone, I have noticed people alerting others to fraudulent sales leading to GPA manipulations, shill bidding and other irregular selling or buying activities.

I agree its an important part of it. that's worrysome though, we see the plainly obvious.... makes me wonder what really goes on

I agree its an important part of it. that's worrysome though, we see the plainly obvious.... makes me wonder what really goes on

We only monitor what we are interested in and share that with others. I think it is near impossible to expect a house that facilitates the trading of large quantities of retail to monitor every transaction in the way that we monitor the individual sales we follow of our own interest.

For instance, I thought I might be getting shill bid on an auction. I checked and found out that I was wrong as the other bidder is bidding on many items from 17 different sellers. I am not checking that listing unless I am personally interested in the comic.

I agree, although the methods employed are sometimes not the best way to do it.

CLink is going to speak to the seller... about what? not just the Marvel Tales but all the sellers comic book listings no matter how many, need to be removed !!

and the seller needs to be permanently banned ,he has shilled on one book we know of for sure and then thumbed his nose at everyone,

to condone this type of behavior for as long as they did calls all CLink book listings into question

...and the seller's drivers license needs to be revoked, no way CLink should condone that seller ever driving to conventions or comic stores ever again. And while they are at it CLink should have his house condemned, dude shouldn't even have a roof over his head. And CLink should just go ahead and shut their own site down. It is obviously a haven for these types of sellers. Heck, every seller on CLink is now guilty by association. They all could be shillers.

Ban them al................

[THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM COMICS GENERAL BY ORDER OF JOSH NATHANSON AT COMIC LINK]

CLink is going to speak to the seller... about what? not just the Marvel Tales but all the sellers comic book listings no matter how many, need to be removed !!

and the seller needs to be permanently banned ,he has shilled on one book we know of for sure and then thumbed his nose at everyone,

to condone this type of behavior for as long as they did calls all CLink book listings into question

...and the seller's drivers license needs to be revoked, no way CLink should condone that seller ever driving to conventions or comic stores ever again. And while they are at it CLink should have his house condemned, dude shouldn't even have a roof over his head. And CLink should just go ahead and shut their own site down. It is obviously a haven for these types of sellers. Heck, every seller on CLink is now guilty by association. They all could be shillers.

[THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM COMICS GENERAL BY ORDER OF JOSH NATHANSON AT COMIC LINK]

:roflmao:

:roflmao:

Happy birthday

from Paris (taking into account a 6hr difference) ? Sure. :eyeroll:

I call them and they do nothing, what about any potential buyers ? Besides, they're on the boards regularly.

any comic shop in Paris? going there this July :)

I use ComicLink myself, but what bothers me the most is that they appear to accept consignments from Mark Wilson. I say that because I have seen numerous books listed concurrently on ComicLink and by Wilson on eBay. They must be making millions of dollars per year in profits. I'm pretty sure they could survive without stooping to that level.

lol:applause: