• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE WORLD OF STEVE DITKO HARD COVER

10 posts in this topic

I was in one of my LCS yesterday and the owner showed me this book. He said he got it as a freebie from one of his vendors. Looks pretty cool but has a small tear on the top edge of the dust jacket.

He said he wanted me to have it and put it in one of my contests. Pretty nice of him to donate this so it looks like it will go into storage until my year end contest. That is unless I keep it for myself. :whistle:

world%20of%20steve%20ditko%20dog%20pics%20014.jpg

world%20of%20steve%20ditko%20dog%20pics%20015.jpg

world%20of%20steve%20ditko%20dog%20pics%20018.jpg

world%20of%20steve%20ditko%20dog%20pics%20017.jpg

world%20of%20steve%20ditko%20dog%20pics%20016.jpg

world%20of%20steve%20ditko%20dog%20pics%20019.jpg

It's a great book, give it a read if that kind of stuff interests you!

I may skim through it but it will probably end up in my Christmas contest as a prize later in the year.

Supposedly Ditko was near the Carbo show on Saturday. I was going through Munchin's booth at the top of the escalator with Columbia Comics. A bunch of guys come running up the escalator to Carbo screaming, "We got Ditko!! We got Ditko!!" Carbo did not believe them so he looked at their phone as a crowd of people hovered around them. I had expensive GA books in my hand, I thought it would have been poor form to run over and leave the books lying around.

Carbo was astonished as he declared, "You saw Ditko."

Anyone else have a more complete story to tell on that one? What was Ditko doing around a comic show?

I don't think Ditko would be caught dead at a Comic Con. Although, he could've been walking around in the neighborhood since his office is about a mile away.

That was probably it then.

Tim

I have a copy of this book...it is a very cool flip-through. I haven't read it cover to cover but it is definitely chock full of DITKO awesomeness! Enjoy it while you have it whether to keep or send forth to another SD afficianado! :headbang: