• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Sales thread from India - CLOSED

26 posts in this topic

Holla,

Welcome and thanks for checking out my thread (A first from India). I'm in between jobs :cry: , so I figured I'd try to sell some TPB's and HC's to raise some money.

Most of these books are in Great condition, but have some light shelf or reading wear.

All are first prints unless specified.If you have any questions/request of scans please PM and ask, I'll be happy to answer.

The rules -

1.The first " I'll Take it" :takeit: in the thread wins and trumps any PM's.

2.payment is via PayPal only (leave your username as a comment towards the transaction)

3.shipping will be only via Indiapost - Speedpost will include tracking.(usually it would cost 10$)

http://www.indiapost.gov.in/SPInternational_Tariff.aspx

4.will not sell to anyone in the HoS or on Probation.

My Aim-

Will sell at a price lesser than ebay!

Final Bump before I close the thread- Please PM me if you hv something in mind will be happy to work it out!

Will be happy to combine shipping!(will make shipping free on purchase of 100 50$)

My kudos thread-

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7259427&fpart=y

Please feel free to point out any discrepancy !

So here it goes- [ Now With Images!!!]

HC

Marvel Masterworks - Vol-42 Fanatstic Four (2005) - F - 180 120$ Final Price Cut 100$

MM-42-FP_zpsrbvmou9g.jpeg

BackCover

MM-42-BC_zpsmgaouqmh.jpeg

TPB's 20% OFF across all TPB's

Witchblade - Lara Croft - Ceremony - VG - 18 14.5$

Witchblade-ceremony_zpsoqgk6j7g.jpeg

Daredevil Visionaries - Vol-2 VG - 16 12.8$

DaredevilVisionaries-2_zpsdwqgqs84.jpeg

Showcase: Batman and the outsiders - 1 VF - 108$

Showcase-batman_outsiders-1_zps74rvyzdh.jpeg

Batman : Dark Night Returns (10th Printing) - VF 12 9.6$

Batman_Drk_kngt_10_zpsxrqrbhks.jpeg

Crisis on Multiple Earths - 1 VG - 5 4$

crisis-1_zpsqiuxw73h.jpeg

Greatest Batman Stories ever told - VG- 8 6.4$

Batman_Grtst_Stories_zps1805ljxk.jpeg

Savage Sword Of Conan - 1 NM - 15 12$

Savage_Sword_Of_Conan_1_zpsgetcaofn.jpeg

Adventures of Red-Sonja Vol-2 - NM - 22 17.8$

Red_Sonja_2_zpsedraqg5v.jpeg

Conan: The Frost Giant's Daughter and other Stories - Vol -1 VF- 24 19.2$

Conan_Fost_Giants_Daughter_zpsmgdf82kc.jpeg

Chronicles Of Conan #5 ( This has a small tear on the binding on the Top left corner) - G+- 12 9.6$

Chronicles_Conan_5_zpsfdyvxfth.jpeg

Chronicles Of Conan #7 VF- 18 14.4$

Chronicles_Conan_7_zpsgmgenifg.jpeg

Cyclops Retribution #1(Prestige format) G+- 2 1.6$

Snake Woman - Vol-1 (Virgin Comics) NM - 5 4$

The Sadhu - Vol-1 (Virgin Comics) NM - 5 4$

I thought that Marvel Masterworks is a sought after book! Can fellow boardies please enlighten?

Your thread was started at an hour that most people in the US/Canada are still asleep, which is a large portion of the buying group here. Now it's the beginning of the work day for most of them so they may not be on the boards.

You should wait at least 24 hours before deciding a sales thread was a success or failure, and take the time of day into account.

Hope this helps.

I thought that Marvel Masterworks is a sought after book! Can fellow boardies please enlighten?

Your thread was started at an hour that most people in the US/Canada are still asleep, which is a large portion of the buying group here. Now it's the beginning of the work day for most of them so they may not be on the boards.

You should wait at least 24 hours before deciding a sales thread was a success or failure, and take the time of day into account.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your encouraging words :headbang:

First Sales Thread Blues! hm

Pictures - its all about the pretty pictures. I always do better when people see what they will be getting.

Dude i completely agree :idea:

Can you help me with the learning curve here? can i go directly and insert the scanned images or do i use Photobucket?

well a sealed new copy sold and shipped on ebay (which has higher fees than here) about two weeks ago for less than your asking price. And that copy was sold from the US (seller with 7000 reviews) most likely to a US buyer, which means that it most likely would have been shipped much faster and with much less risk (risk of loss, risk of hassle, risk of damage, easier return) than a book coming from a relatively new boardie from the other side of the world.

Now with the translation rates and paypal fees and a high shipping cost for a heavy book to most places, it might be true that you will actually still make less money than the ebayer, but its even more true that the average potential customer doesn't take that into consideration when deciding to make the purchase.

Admittedly, its a relatively rare book, and a fairly awesome one at that. And maybe you or others might think the book is heating up for some reason (which it might be). But to expect a quick sale...

Best wishes!

Just curious....do you have any editions printed in India for say,the local market?By that I mean ones with different languages...either big companies or smaller home grown comics?Be very curious to see if you do.

Jimmers

I'm trying to figure out a shipping estimate. Kind of hard to tell. Maybe include some examples.

A 250 Gms to 300 gm Parcel will cost INR 500 to the US (with tracking and time to be destination in 4-5 days) every additional 100 gms cost 100 bucks more which takes the shipping to 10$ (After Currency Conversion)

Without tracking time to delivery will range something about 2 weeks but price will be less.

Hope this helps.

well a sealed new copy sold and shipped on ebay (which has higher fees than here) about two weeks ago for less than your asking price. And that copy was sold from the US (seller with 7000 reviews) most likely to a US buyer, which means that it most likely would have been shipped much faster and with much less risk (risk of loss, risk of hassle, risk of damage, easier return) than a book coming from a relatively new boardie from the other side of the world.

Now with the translation rates and paypal fees and a high shipping cost for a heavy book to most places, it might be true that you will actually still make less money than the ebayer, but its even more true that the average potential customer doesn't take that into consideration when deciding to make the purchase.

Admittedly, its a relatively rare book, and a fairly awesome one at that. And maybe you or others might think the book is heating up for some reason (which it might be). But to expect a quick sale...

I couldn't agree less -

The Marvel masterworks started printing since 1987

The original print run were far less than the new printing and had variants,the one i have displayed has only 1440 copies.

For more info please visit www.marvelmasterworks.com

Although it has been rebooted in between and reprinted many times. but the demands is for the original print run

Now it would be very difficult to say what exact edition the seller with 7000 reviews sold !

My reference point for pricing is ebay and Amazon -

Only 1 first print available right now on ebay rest all are second prints !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-MASTERWORKS-VOL-42-Fantastic-Four-72-81-Annual-6-by-Stan-Lee-SEALED-/190852316255?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6faf3c5f

http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Four-Vol-8-Annual-Masterworks/dp/0785116958/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426215203&sr=8-1&keywords=marvel+masterworks+vol+42

Both are priced higher then what i quoted , regarding trust My kudos thread says half world away i trusted ppl when i bought so when it comes to selling i wnt make a run!

Thanks for taking the time to broach this topic this discussion will help boardies!

Best wishes!

Just curious....do you have any editions printed in India for say,the local market?By that I mean ones with different languages...either big companies or smaller home grown comics?Be very curious to see if you do.

Jimmers

Hey Jim,

Unfortunately Marvel or for that matter any US publisher does not publish for local markets.

We buy them either from Amazon or ebay by converting and paying in Dollars.

Locally the publications use English for publishing Graphic novels and there are various publications like campfire and level10 they tend to publish on Mythological themes ! Interestingly the now defunct Virgin comics which saw its publication in US had Indian themes ! Check the last 2 entries in my listing !

I dumped a bunch of tpbs recently, all in nice shape. I sold them pretty cheap, and most went right away. I looked at them like used books. I had read them and gotten what value I paid for, and anything that I could recoup was so much the better.

Sounds like i need to lower the prices here you go!

Best wishes!

Jimmers

Hey Jim,

Unfortunately Marvel or for that matter any US publisher does not publish for local markets.

Locally the publications use English for publishing Graphic novels and there are various publications like campfire and level10 they tend to publish on Mythological themes ! Interestingly the now defunct Virgin comics which saw its publication in US had Indian themes ! Check the last 2 entries in my listing !

Thanks for the info.and your time.I'm going to check out what you've have mentioned.

Best wishes!

Jimmers

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the info.and your time.I'm going to check out what you've have mentioned.

No problemo!