• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Sales thread from India - CLOSED

26 posts in this topic

I thought that Marvel Masterworks is a sought after book! Can fellow boardies please enlighten?

well a sealed new copy sold and shipped on ebay (which has higher fees than here) about two weeks ago for less than your asking price. And that copy was sold from the US (seller with 7000 reviews) most likely to a US buyer, which means that it most likely would have been shipped much faster and with much less risk (risk of loss, risk of hassle, risk of damage, easier return) than a book coming from a relatively new boardie from the other side of the world.

Now with the translation rates and paypal fees and a high shipping cost for a heavy book to most places, it might be true that you will actually still make less money than the ebayer, but its even more true that the average potential customer doesn't take that into consideration when deciding to make the purchase.

Admittedly, its a relatively rare book, and a fairly awesome one at that. And maybe you or others might think the book is heating up for some reason (which it might be). But to expect a quick sale...

I couldn't agree less -

The Marvel masterworks started printing since 1987

The original print run were far less than the new printing and had variants,the one i have displayed has only 1440 copies.

For more info please visit www.marvelmasterworks.com

Although it has been rebooted in between and reprinted many times. but the demands is for the original print run

Now it would be very difficult to say what exact edition the seller with 7000 reviews sold !

My reference point for pricing is ebay and Amazon -

Only 1 first print available right now on ebay rest all are second prints !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-MASTERWORKS-VOL-42-Fantastic-Four-72-81-Annual-6-by-Stan-Lee-SEALED-/190852316255?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6faf3c5f

http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Four-Vol-8-Annual-Masterworks/dp/0785116958/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426215203&sr=8-1&keywords=marvel+masterworks+vol+42

Both are priced higher then what i quoted , regarding trust My kudos thread says half world away i trusted ppl when i bought so when it comes to selling i wnt make a run!

Thanks for taking the time to broach this topic this discussion will help boardies!

Here's the discussion link of MM pricing on the board-

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1218469

I thought that Marvel Masterworks is a sought after book! Can fellow boardies please enlighten?

well a sealed new copy sold and shipped on ebay (which has higher fees than here) about two weeks ago for less than your asking price. And that copy was sold from the US (seller with 7000 reviews) most likely to a US buyer, which means that it most likely would have been shipped much faster and with much less risk (risk of loss, risk of hassle, risk of damage, easier return) than a book coming from a relatively new boardie from the other side of the world.

Now with the translation rates and paypal fees and a high shipping cost for a heavy book to most places, it might be true that you will actually still make less money than the ebayer, but its even more true that the average potential customer doesn't take that into consideration when deciding to make the purchase.

Admittedly, its a relatively rare book, and a fairly awesome one at that. And maybe you or others might think the book is heating up for some reason (which it might be). But to expect a quick sale...

I couldn't agree less -

The Marvel masterworks started printing since 1987

The original print run were far less than the new printing and had variants,the one i have displayed has only 1440 copies.

For more info please visit www.marvelmasterworks.com

Although it has been rebooted in between and reprinted many times. but the demands is for the original print run

Now it would be very difficult to say what exact edition the seller with 7000 reviews sold !

My reference point for pricing is ebay and Amazon -

Only 1 first print available right now on ebay rest all are second prints !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-MASTERWORKS-VOL-42-Fantastic-Four-72-81-Annual-6-by-Stan-Lee-SEALED-/190852316255?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6faf3c5f

http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Four-Vol-8-Annual-Masterworks/dp/0785116958/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426215203&sr=8-1&keywords=marvel+masterworks+vol+42

Both are priced higher then what i quoted , regarding trust My kudos thread says half world away i trusted ppl when i bought so when it comes to selling i wnt make a run!

Thanks for taking the time to broach this topic this discussion will help boardies!

And I couldn't agree less with what you've said. You can tell exactly what edition it is. The same limited one that you have. But its new. and sealed. With more pictures. And sold about 2+ weeks ago. From a US seller with 7000+ ebay reviews.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Masterworks-Volume-42-Fantastic-Four-8-Variant-Ed-HC-Ltd-to-1440-SEALED-/111591730227?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fb62ac33&nma=true&si=cZjRpfHqjJHxsSacuotBgSL02As%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

and as I stated before, it sold (with shipping) for less than your original asking price.

I'm not saying this or any of the previous statements to be argumentative or to trash your thread. You have the right to sell at whatever price works for you for whatever reasons you want. You wondered publicly why your book hadn't garnered interest yet. Anyone can list a book at any price on ebay, regardless of what the market price is, the unsold asking prices of listed books don't necessarily mean anything at all. You may have kudos for a few transactions here, and everyone certainly has to start somewhere. And there are plenty (most would say the majority) of international boardies that are fun and pleasant and trustworthy, and you might even be one of them, which is great for you. But there's a lot of things that CAN go into the decision to buy a given book at a given time from a given person.

Fellow boardies please give your honest feedback on the pricing ! It wld help me in my future sales thread even if not in this one! hm

Good luck with the sale. As far as the cheaper trades I would think the shipping cost is higher than theyre worth. For the better trades just keep dropping your price $5 every couple hours until someone snags them.