• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_Man_Of_Steel is now leaving the building

55 posts in this topic

Dungeon says in her signature "Everyone claims that Sabretooth is just a second rate Wolverine....but HEY, isnt it Sabretooth that always ends up kicking Wolvie's in the funny books?"

I disagree, I think Everyone is right.

BTW - has anyone checked out the strike forum up above. I've been made famous for masking the word " " or as I've read elsewhere "arse". Shame on me! blush.gif

• Administrator

This post was not directed at anyone as an insult, therefore no warning will be issued. However, please do not mask profanity. Repeated violations will result in strikes.

Everyone should check the strike board in general discussion on a regular basis to stay aware of their own record.

Arch

This post was not directed at anyone as an insult, therefore no warning will be issued. However, please do not mask profanity. Repeated violations will result in strikes.

I'm sorry, but your barking up the wrong tree here Arch. I would encourage you to do some word searches. Search the "F" word. Search the "female dog" word. Search the "condemnation" word. Search for other unmasked curse words. Think of a few variations of how the words could be masked and search for those. I believe you will find that I'm a LESSER offender of "masking" words, and I think that any objective person reading this would agree upon further research.

Quite frankly, your strike against me for masking is a slap in the face. Your playing favorites, and it's waaaaaay too obvious. I thought that part of being a moderator is to bring order, and do it in a fair way. I feel like a kid that has been bullied around for a month, and in one moment decides "I've had enough", and a teacher just so happens to see the one time that the kid being bullied around decides to defend himself (maybe because some other kid snitched him out).

I waited some 800+ posts before coming out of the closet so to speak. I wanted people to see that despite a few differences, we have many more things in common. I wanted to be as helpful, provide useful information, learn from other people, have fun, and basically give as much to the comic book collecting community as I possibly could with what time I've had. I've had enough of "fun and games", Arch, if this is your idea of justice you can have YOUR board. Here is a word to the wise, if your ideas and belifs do not speak for the majority here, you had better keep your ideas and beliefs to yourself, or you'll meet the same fate as I. That is, you'll be trolled, labeled, and witch-hunted. I don't have the time or energy to defend my position, and the handful of opposition is quick to blurt whatever is at the tip of their brain...right or wrong. Main point here is this: if I can't enjoy my time here, then I'm wasting my time that I could be doing other things (like reading comics).

One last positive note, I've had some good times and not so good times here (I think most of us could say this), but all in all it's been worth it. I've saved many of our discussions, and maybe I'll read some of them again and reflect on the past.

Take care my fellow collectors, and as one of my favorite comic book writers is famous for saying "Excelsior!"

So MOS got a warning for implying a word? A word that means donkey? In a phrase that can be found in Shakespeare? (cf. A Midsummer's Night Dream and the character "Bottom"). A word that can be heard on Prime Time TV, which is nominally approved by the FCC.

Is there an actual list of banned words and/or implied phrases somewhere so that we can know what we're allowed to post?

I'm sorry that you feel you have to leave the boards because of this MOS. Despite what some may say, you will be a loss to the boards. Although I don't, by any stretch, agree with everything you say, you have provided some usefull knowledge to many discusions here.

As far as the strike records go, frankly they seem to be getting rather petty. The one against Bug I could understand, but those against you, Dungeon and MajorKhaos are a little extreme.

Arch, is it really neccessary to come down on every little slip, things often said in the heat of the moment?

I never liked MOS but to leave the boards because of the whole "strike"thing is just silly. I got a strike for calling MOS a POS and it was meant in humor not in anger. Oh well, I guess I dont take these things too seriously even though Arch is becoming a sort of dictator. Beware of what you say people.....SOMEONE is watching! frown.gif

I don't have any strikes on me because I know how to play the system. Don't ask about me! The real question is why rickdogg doesn't have any strikes against him! mad.gif

Huh? Rickdogg has used more threats and have chased more fools off the forums than the rest. He's just lucky that Arch started the strike system in response to his and Bug's regular trips to the box without any change in behaviour! frown.gif