• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_Man_Of_Steel is now leaving the building

55 posts in this topic

I agree that perhaps too much substance has been given to a word, BUT Arch didn't ban MOS at all, he just warned him of the use of said word. He also warned a few others who were using questionable language. Have they left? MOS left of his own accord.

I'm not passing judgment on anyone here, just offering an observation. I know MOS received some flak for his views and icon...so have a lot of other people. I won't pretend to know MOS' life or his feelings, but it seems he just gave up. I also think he had good info to impart and will be missed.

I think most everyone has endured other's bashing their beliefs or statements (not necessarily on this forum, but life in general). It certainly can be trying, but I think for those that respond in a civil manner the gains that can be made far outweigh the loss of leaving.

Now that I'm done waxing philisophical to everyone... wink.gif

It's unfortunate that people are leaving but obviously there's a few people on these boards that are either directly or indirectly ruining it for others. The worst part is there's maybe 1 out of every 10 threads that is actually about comics anymore, it's all become a Beavis and Butthead marathon.

If you get a chance, check out the eBay forums..the software is really bad but there's good discussions!

Brian

The worst part is there's maybe 1 out of every 10 threads that is actually about comics anymore, it's all become a Beavis and Butthead marathon.

That's a bit extreme. 10% on comics? Nah. Much higher percentage. Do I sometimes contribute to the foolishness? Yep, I do. If a thread is done it can be fun. Do I contribute to the comic lore? I really hope I do. But 10% is just way off.

Maybe to you, but you must be counting the threads that start off as something and then turn into plain drivel. Which is a very large percentage. Either way, it's beyond old..and it HAS turned off many users whether it be regular posters or the "lurker"..

Brian

I am definatly with Brian on this, and had just finished posting something on it before checking this out. It is out on the Silver age board. When I found this board last year, it quickly became one of my favorite things to check out daily. Now it is almost like a chore trying to weed through the garbage to find the few good posts. We had heated debates then too, but it never got out of hand, and always stayed on topic. Now many of the best conversationalists are gone, with a few others about to go. It really is a shame that a handful of people have made this their personal playground with no regard to everyone else.

The only way to fix the situation is to post interesting, thought provoking threads and join in the comic debates when they come up.

Bellyaching about it will not help the situation.

Not aimed at you personally vic, but a general comment.

The only ones who can improve the quality of the boards are us.