• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Retailers - Please Review My Request For Information

4 posts in this topic

Hello Comic Book Retailers,

I have a question. I'm thinking of integrating some functionality into a friends comic business and have some questions about the monthly Previews items:

1) Does Diamond (or Previews) offer a "database" of the months items (ie., product description, item code, price, image). This could even be a comma seperated list as long as there is some kind of link to an image or graphic.

2) If so, is this a free service or is there a charge?

3) Anyone utilize this at this time?

Appreciate all feedback.

I am not a retailer, but as I wrote software for a mail order company to do customer orders, I can tell you that, yes, such a file is available each month, it is freely available on the Diamond site if you have an account there, and I make use of that file each month to create order forms for the mail order service.

I am not a retailer, but as I wrote software for a mail order company to do customer orders, I can tell you that, yes, such a file is available each month, it is freely available on the Diamond site if you have an account there, and I make use of that file each month to create order forms for the mail order service.

Do you remember how the items were linked to the pictures by any chance?

Do you remember how the items were linked to the pictures by any chance?

Items are not linked to pictures, it is a CSV text file.

There are pictures available, they are named by the Item number, but you have to download them in batches (selecting each file you want to download). I believe there might be an option to pay an extra fee and get those images as a group, but I don't know for sure - it's a small operation, and wasn't worth pursuing.