• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

15 great or 10,000 good

43 posts in this topic

The quality > quantity guys must not like to read comics.

OP was giving us an either/or choice, so I chose to collect fewer things of greater value over hoarding many things of little value.

Different strokes.... YMMV.

While that is the direction the hobby seems to be taking recently (the fewer books, the bigger keys, the better) there are still some of us who like to accumulate. While I'm not going for complete runs of the new x-men these days like I did in my youth I have found a few foci that allow me to accumulate a little at a time. Schomburg books are plentiful and go from the very expensive to the more moderately priced. Higher grade Steranko slabs also go from not too bad to very expensive. Spirit sections are still relatively cheap. And first 10's of early Marvel appearances are not too bad (other than the first appearance itself). I know I'm doing it wrong by not saving my budget up and getting one big key a year, but I'm happy with what I'm picking up and that's all that matters.

they are all on my ipad

this +1

Everything I wish to read remains digital. Like everyone speaking up, I try to keep the actual collection lean. :pullhair: which is quite the challenge on its own.

they are all on my ipad

this +1

Everything I wish to read remains digital. Like everyone speaking up, I try to keep the actual collection lean. :pullhair: which is quite the challenge on its own.

I've resisted this for a while... I'd feel bad closing out my pull, I've been with my LCS for a little while.

I have my keys(expensive books) ,and my fun runs that I have completed. Right now Vampirella's and Creepy's,horror mags seem to be my fun runs.

Quality always over quantity.

Yup don't forget your 9.8 Cap 109

I have my keys(expensive books) ,and my fun runs that I have completed. Right now Vampirella's and Creepy's,horror mags seem to be my fun runs.

Quality always over quantity.

Yup don't forget your 9.8 Cap 109

Cap who? lol

He's a super soldeierthatswhyIlikehimhewasjustanordinaryguythen hegotsuperpowersthatswhyhessogreat

He's a super soldeierthatswhyIlikehimhewasjustanordinaryguythen hegotsuperpowersthatswhyhessogreat

ManthatssogreatthatyoulikehimIlikehimtoothatswhycapsarecooldoyouhaveanycapscapsaretotallycool.

Why did I even try I suck no wait I'm cool I want to make money on comics wait sorry guys I wont post again wait yes I will

While that is the direction the hobby seems to be taking recently (the fewer books, the bigger keys, the better) there are still some of us who like to accumulate. While I'm not going for complete runs of the new x-men these days like I did in my youth I have found a few foci that allow me to accumulate a little at a time. Schomburg books are plentiful and go from the very expensive to the more moderately priced. Higher grade Steranko slabs also go from not too bad to very expensive. Spirit sections are still relatively cheap. And first 10's of early Marvel appearances are not too bad (other than the first appearance itself). I know I'm doing it wrong by not saving my budget up and getting one big key a year, but I'm happy with what I'm picking up and that's all that matters.

I like this post very much.Happy and that's what matters

Did you see my raw Nick Fury...#7 in the positive thread? :baiting:

ManthatssogreatthatyoulikehimIlikehimtoothatswhycapsarecooldoyouhaveanycapscapsaretotallycool.

Sigh...Porcupine died in Captain America...sniff.

He was an ordinary guy too,escaped the Scourge...then died on his own quill....brrrr brr brrrrrr :(

1 - I keep saying it: quantity IS quality. A few months ago, one of the boardies announced he'd completed his run of Fantastic Four. Does anyone think that's junk? Having a mixed box of Fantastic Fours is nothing special, but having every issue is awesome.

2 - I won't go digital until I can get a screen the size of a page. There's nothing worse than having an awesome splash page that you can't read without zooming in, zooming out, scrolling around, and never getting a full appreciation of the page. "I have it in digital format" is just an excuse, if you ask me.

3 - He with the most toys wins