• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Backlash over this Batgirl Joker variant cover

405 posts in this topic

I think it is awesome, and people are way too sensitive about comic book covers.

+1

There has got to be very similar covers out there that came out without any outrage.

DC's themes months have never really interested me, but I like quite a few of the Joker covers.

I think it is awesome, and people are way too sensitive about comic book covers.

+1 It's a supervillain with an apparent upper hand on a superhero, that's it, simple.

People who try to be politically correct all the time find issues were none exist, like "oh, it's endorsing violence against women." What a bunch of B.S.

:eyeroll:

+1 It's a supervillain with an apparent upper hand on a superhero, that's it, simple.

People who try to be politically correct all the time find issues were none exist, like "oh, it's endorsing violence against women." What a bunch of B.S.

holla

Amazing cover with a faux controversy started by the head bleeding heart over at Bleeding Cool, the kings of "outrage culture"

The backlash started on cbr forums then bc took the idea and ran with it. I don't understand why so many people are labeling this cover as mysogyinistic.

It seems pretty obvious to me that people have issues with this cover because of the history between the characters from The Killing Joke. If you see these characters together in any context, much less this context, it's the first thing everyone is going to think of.

I haven't read any of the articles or threads about this cover, but I don't think you have to be a "bleeding heart" to make the obvious connection between this cover and Killing Joke. You just have to be a comics fan.

It seems pretty obvious to me that people have issues with this cover because of the history between the characters from The Killing Joke. If you see these characters together in any context, much less this context, it's the first thing everyone is going to think of.

I haven't read any of the articles or threads about this cover, but I don't think you have to be a "bleeding heart" to make the obvious connection between this cover and Killing Joke. You just have to be a comics fan.

Not to send more people to the insufficiently_thoughtful_person's rant, but here it is: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/14/so-how-inappropriate-is-the-batgirl-41-joker-variant-cover/

His vajayjay is all twisted in knots because he sees it as degrading to the female empowerment movement. I doubt he's ever read the Killing Joke anyway, he strikes me as more of a Planet type

Not to send more people to the insufficiently_thoughtful_person's rant, but here it is: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/14/so-how-inappropriate-is-the-batgirl-41-joker-variant-cover/

His vajayjay is all twisted in knots because he sees it as degrading to the female empowerment movement. I doubt he's ever read the Killing Joke anyway, he strikes me as more of a Planet type

Very cool cover. I am going to have to pick a few copies up.......

holla

Amazing cover with a faux controversy started by the head bleeding heart over at Bleeding Cool, the kings of "outrage culture"

The backlash started on cbr forums then bc took the idea and ran with it. I don't understand why so many people are labeling this cover as mysogyinistic.

Hear here! To quote MetalPSI....people are generally buttholes.