• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deep State -- Boom Comics --- Justin Jordan & Ariela Kristantina

17 posts in this topic

exclusive-justin-jordan-unravels-secrets-in-deep-state.jpg

Writer: Justin Jordan

Artist: Ariela Kristantina

Publisher: Boom! Comics

Speculation: Picked up by Fox - to be produced by Howard Gordon (X-Files, 24, Homeland)

#1 Print Count: 8,768 (per Comichron)

Deep State picked up by Fox (CBR)

Justin Jordan unravels secrets in Deep State

Every issue has variants (1:15 or 1:10).

I've read the first four. I love this series. :cloud9:

To me, some series are thinkers (East of West, Low, etc). Other series are super fun (TWD, Clone, Five Ghosts, etc). This is one of those fun series that only takes me 10 minutes to read.

This series looks like a winner.

I love this series, and well mostly what Justin puts out. There hasn't been much chatter or lift thus far in the value since it's come out so I've quietly been loading up on the first four and variants. Hope I don't need to fire sale them cause this story is great this far.

Deep State #5 is another winner.

I have been looking for a good conspiracy theory book (in this case, a conspiracy to hide freak physics and beings -- think X-Files).

Hoax Hunters was or is a good conspiracy theory book (HH summary: a group of individuals hide the fact that some hoaxes like Big Foot do in fact exist). The jury is still out on HH now that many changes have occurred.

But, with the way that Deep State's second story arch started, I really think I'm going to enjoy at least one good conspiracy theory book.

I am confident that a Boom series will rise up and become very successful. It's a matter of time.

Sure the chances are more likely it will be Day Men (co-written by Matt Gagnon) or Lumberjanes (superb appeal for an all ages book). But I really enjoy Justin Jordan's work; I'm hopeful for Deep State.

Ross Richie Forecasts BOOM! Studios' Busy Hollywood Slate

20th Century Fox Inks Innovative Deal With Comics Publisher Boom! Studios (Initial story)

Deep State has already been picked up by Fox.

Deep State #1 has a print count of less than 10,000.

It's a story similar to X-Files that is slated to be produced by the X-Files supervising producer.

There are a few reasons why I think these boards are not what they used to be.

The fact that the Deep State thread hasn't reached page 2 yet only increases my fear of that fact*.

I am still learning on these threads. So I'm still here trying to provide my share.

:cry:

* I'm not saying that these boards aren't what they used to be because Deep State has little attention. I am just using Deep State as a concrete example which is better than the alternative (referencing a specific book thread or naming boardies who seem to have disappeared).

My only fear is that Fox bought Deep State to protect x-files, and it will never be lost in optioned purgatory.

I asked Justin about the option to Fox and he told me that it was all set to go "Live" before Season 10 of X-Files came onto the scene. Fox then decided it was too similar to X-Files that they decided to put Deep State on hold and proceed with X-Files. Asked if this meant that Deep State would remain on the shelf, he told me that they only had the option provided they went to Pilot (within 9 months) at which point he would be able to shop the concept elsewhere. Here's hoping someone else notices this gem and places it onto our screens. :wishluck:

Personally, I'm digging the Deep State series. I'm a old X-Files fan way back from the first episode, and it reminds me a lot of that. I've gotten all of the regular and variant Deep State issues slabbed in 9.8 up to this point. They may never be a huge thing, but I like em and that's all that matters.