• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie Horror - new imprint

6 posts in this topic

Archie Comics announced a new imprint today - Archie Horror, which will be their horror line equivalent of their Dark Circle superhero line.

There will be three initial titles in the line: Afterlife with Archie, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and an as-yet unannounced third title.

They also announced that Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #2 will finally be released on April 15, while Afterlife with Archie #8 will finally be out on May 6.

As for the third title, here's the tease for it:

“I can tell you that it will be centered around a major Archie character,” teases Aguirre-Sacasa. “She has appeared in one of our books before. And [the book] will be in a genre we have not explored or even hinted at in Sabrina—in Afterlife, we’ve only hinted at it a tiny, tiny bit. And it will be set in the present.”

Not sure who this could be, since Betty, Veronica and Cheryl are already all featuring prominently in Afterlife with Archie, and Sabrina has her own book. Josie is the only other "major" female Archie character I can think of. I don't recall if she made a cameo in Afterlife or Sabrina.

Here's the full story: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/19/archie-comics-announces-new-horror-imprint-teases-series

The new cover for Afterlife with Archie #8 (the previously announced cover ended up being used for the 2nd print of #7), featuring the new Archie Horror imprint logo:

AfterlifeWithArchie8Cvr.jpg