• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Black Lightning is my fave DC Bronze character" appreciation thread

23 posts in this topic

:o:o:o:o

Black Lightning #1 in a 9.8 is a really tough book! I believe less than 50 on the census?

That is a nice looking book sir!

Thanks. It is one of the few where I bought a 9.8 specifically for a signing. They were still relatively cheap, and Trevor von Eeden had not done a signing at all in the time I was doing SS. He has since done another couple shows.

My favorite Black Lightning story comes from a comic store I used to frequent. One of the workers was making up plastic dividers for the boxes. He was using a label maker and affixing each title name to each divider. When he got to the Black Lightning section of a longbox, he made up a label with a typo and thus the Black Lighting section was born!

We laughed, we cried, it became a part of us.

Black Lightning #1 in a 9.8 is a really tough book! I believe less than 50 on the census?

Thanks. It is one of the few where I bought a 9.8 specifically for a signing. They were still relatively cheap, and Trevor von Eeden had not done a signing at all in the time I was doing SS. He has since done another couple shows.

All I need is a 9.8...that's it. Been looking for years! :busy:

I've never collected the BL title per se, but as a kid I loved his backup stories in the Detective Comics dollar size books from the late 70s/early 80s, and the Brave&Bolds from that era as well.

I know we get a bit weary of movie talk, but in the hands of the right actor and director, Black Lightning would make a killer movie.

I've never collected the BL title per se, but as a kid I loved his backup stories in the Detective Comics dollar size books from the late 70s/early 80s, and the Brave&Bolds from that era as well.

I know we get a bit weary of movie talk, but in the hands of the right actor and director, Black Lightning would make a killer movie.

Theres actually talk about him appearing in an upcoming Arrow/flash spinoff CW show HERE

He may quite possibly be the third "mystery" character in the show's new ensemble:

“MYSTERY HERO” An African-American male in his twenties will fill the role of a regular, street smart guy who unexpectedly gains powers, and then, as part of the team, regularly quips about the insanity of the situations.

I agree.. A very tough 9.8 book and an even rarer signing. Kudos to you!

I guess this is a bit AFTER my time. I have no idea who this character is. Is he still around?

I gave up buying DC comics around '75-76 and gave up on Marvel about 4-5 years later.

Black Lightning was introduced in 1977, he never really caught on as a big DC character but to me he was up there with Black Panther and Luke Cage. Total 70s retro super hero character, with the big fro and the electric beams to boot.. What more can a 70s fan ask for??

At one point I wanted to have a black lightning tattoo on my arm, but my ex quickly talked me out of it

image436037593.gif

When I first started reading comics, I picked up a run of Outsiders 1–7 at my local comic shop (where I would go to pick up Doctor Who stuff). It quickly became my favorite comic. I grabbed a couple decent copies of BL #1 at NYCC last year. I may submit the best one for grading with my next submission.