• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee Signature query!!!!!

48 posts in this topic

Stan has signed over a million things in his lifetime.

Again...where do you get this number?

Either this:

0066.gif

or this:

tysondart1.gif

At a good show Stan is averaging around 1500 signatures per hour. .

Missed this little gem...

Let's consider this number. Sounds impressive, right...?

But there's only one problem: it's not physically possible.

1500 sigs an hour is 25 sigs per minute...or one item every 2.4 seconds.

A young person, with a stack of 1500 books, would have an incredibly difficult time grabbing a book, signing it, and setting it aside every 2.4 seconds.

I witnessed 23 books signed by Stan at Comikaze. It took about 5 minutes, start to finish, and my stack was prepped and ready to go. I shook Stan's hand and thanked him for his work. That was about 15 seconds a book, and they were all one lot.

So, we're not even taking into account the time it takes for the average fan, with the average 1-3 items to sign, to walk up to Stan, engage in chitchat, and move on. Yes, I know Max pushes everyone through the line, but your number is simply impossible.

Let's not just make up numbers out of thin air and try to pass them off as legitimate. That doesn't help anyone.

Stan has signed over a million things in his lifetime.

Again...where do you get this number?

Either this:

0066.gif

You're having fun with this one...

I have to recycle it as there's no board-acceptable gif for "Pulled that one out of your "

My guess is probably closer to 2-300 an hour. I've gotten dozens of books signed by Stan. He usually takes about 10-20 second per book. Assuming that's 6 books a minute, that's 360 books an hour. Factor in time for changing markers, chit chat, the occasional handshake and you're looking at something in the range I said. However Stan is a machine and at bigger cons will usually grind out 3-4 hours per day so that means something in the vicinity of 9-1200 books a day.

My guess is probably closer to 2-300 an hour. I've gotten dozens of books signed by Stan. He usually takes about 10-20 second per book. Assuming that's 6 books a minute, that's 360 books an hour. Factor in time for changing markers, chit chat, the occasional handshake and you're looking at something in the range I said. However Stan is a machine and at bigger cons will usually grind out 3-4 hours per day so that means something in the vicinity of 9-1200 books a day.

That's a much more reasonable estimate.

But I don't even know if he still does 3-4 hours a day...at Comikaze in Oct/Nov, he had a 1.5 hour window on Friday, and a 2 hour window on Sunday. Don't know about Saturday.

I'd have to double check the program, but that is close.