• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee Signature query!!!!!

48 posts in this topic

Hey guys and gals I have a few Stan Lee sketches iv collect over the while and im just a bit curious on the signatures, The sketches look pretty legit but the sigs are all different. Let me know what ya think because I want to send them in to be verified and wondering if its worth the money.

IMAG1086.jpg

photo hosting sites

IMAG1088.jpg

image upload free

IMAG1087.jpg

imag

I've got a book that I personally saw him not connect his E on. He does it from time to time. I interrupted him with a question as he was signing, then he stopped and started again.

It probably depends on his mood or if he is in a hurry. The last one looks rushed, tired. They all look real to me. (thumbs u

Ok cool thanks for the input, is there any signature company other than psa/dna to authenticate the sketches?

there is, but its verboten to name that company here...

Ok cool thanks for the input, is there any signature company other than psa/dna to authenticate the sketches?

Maybe a small hint....state, address?

Cheers, Howard

Cheers, Howard

It is against protocol to list, name, or hint at the ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

Cheers, Howard

It is against protocol to list, name, or hint at the ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

(tsk) Don't send your books to Isis. You never know what might be in with your books when they send them back.

Imagine that. How many comic books and other things has Stan signed? 30 years and so? There must be 100,000 signatures or more out there. He must be tired of signing so many times. Few years ago, I was in line for over two hours to get him signed my books. Few times. It is still amazing that he is still doing it.

I think the signings are not as valuable as most people think especially on moderns. I saw an eBay ASM 1 adams expert comics signed by Stan go recently for $80 in a real auction. Similarly an ASM 1 cobra Romita varient signed by Stan, Romita Sr. and Slott go for $110. A loss for the seller for sure. I can see why most are buy it now or offer.

I think that reflects the savvy market seeing that signed moderns even by Stan are worth very little.

Cheers, Howard

I think the signings are not as valuable as most people think especially on moderns. I saw an eBay ASM 1 adams expert comics signed by Stan go recently for $80 in a real auction. Similarly an ASM 1 cobra Romita varient signed by Stan, Romita Sr. and Slott go for $110. A loss for the seller for sure. I can see why most are buy it now or offer.

I think that reflects the savvy market seeing that signed moderns even by Stan are worth very little.

Cheers, Howard

Much like blue label it is all about picking the right book. I tracked my SS and Universal sales for the last few years assuming SS margins were much more. That's not the case. Much like the rarity of a book can command a high price so can a rare sig. The sig itself need not be rare but a sig on a particular book ie 1st to market.

I don't believe the market is savvy. There are currently brand new books becoming $50+ before they are even released. The market is anything but savvy.

Imagine that. How many comic books and other things has Stan signed? 30 years and so? There must be 100,000 signatures or more out there. He must be tired of signing so many times. Few years ago, I was in line for over two hours to get him signed my books. Few times. It is still amazing that he is still doing it.

Stan has signed over a million items in his lifetime easily. The real question is how many items.

Cheers, Howard

Much like blue label it is all about picking the right book. I tracked my SS and Universal sales for the last few years assuming SS margins were much more. That's not the case. Much like the rarity of a book can command a high price so can a rare sig. The sig itself need not be rare but a sig on a particular book ie 1st to market.

I don't believe the market is savvy. There are currently brand new books becoming $50+ before they are even released. The market is anything but savvy.

What I mean by savvy is that most people don't fall for high priced moderns with a few signatures. If a seller actually allows an auction rather than a buy it now he or she will only see a final price that does not even cover the expense of the signatures. I picked up an ASM 700 variant a couple of years ago with 5 signatures including Stans for $120. This was an auction. I have seen buy it now for the same book same signatures for $350 to $400 with no takers.

So you are right it depends on the book for SS books to see a good profit. I see so many photos of moderns here on the boards with multiple sigs wondering why go to all that trouble getting them when they never will see a good return upon selling.

Cheers, Howard

You are aware that some people simply enjoy collecting SS books right? And that resale value isn't everything. But I'm glad you snagged such an amazing deal on your ASM 700. That was a great story.

Cheers, Howard

What I mean by savvy is that most people don't fall for high priced moderns with a few signatures. If a seller actually allows an auction rather than a buy it now he or she will only see a final price that does not even cover the expense of the signatures. I picked up an ASM 700 variant a couple of years ago with 5 signatures including Stans for $120. This was an auction. I have seen buy it now for the same book same signatures for $350 to $400 with no takers.

So you are right it depends on the book for SS books to see a good profit. I see so many photos of moderns here on the boards with multiple sigs wondering why go to all that trouble getting them when they never will see a good return upon selling.

Cheers, Howard

The sellers you're referring to will either learn or stop selling. I sell almost exclusively via auction and have learned some books/sigs to avoid and others to continue with.

SS can be addictive and the idea of getting multipls sigs can be alluring. It certainly does not mean it will translate into a profit. I don't credit the market as savvy but instead credit the seller with making a poor business decision.

You are aware that some people simply enjoy collecting SS books right?

What? :o

He's kidding right? :ohnoez:

Some sigs just need to be in my collection. :banana: