• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta documentary question

8 posts in this topic

I have not seen it yet, it looks like it is worth watching though.

Thnx for the heads up.

On a similar note..Saw Ray Harryhausen last night on G4TV of all places, he was out pimping his new DVD..

Early Years collection

I for one have not seen this early stuff, since I am such a fan of his other work, this looks like a real fun DVD.

Ze-

I especially liked Ralph Bakshi's part of the interview where he's basically begging Hollywood for a job.

Yeah, I've always liked Frazetta's art, and I was aware of his work on Li'l Abner, and movie posters, and book covers, etc., but this film really got me energized. I went out and bought 2 art books and started thinking about adding a stop at his museum to my summer vacation (hopefully Cooperstown, several hours away).

Rent the bonus disk as well. You'll be glad you did. Or better yet, buy the set. http://www.cinemachine.net/index_h.html

I've only seen the Documentary on IFC (so no bonus material), but doesn't the bonus disc have Frank drawing a beautiful leopard, from start to finish, with his left hand?