• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare WADE Batman Animated porcelain figurine set for sale

6 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody:

I'll be attending the ECCC next week and will be bringing this rare and limited edition Batman porcelain figurine set with me and making it available for purchase. I am the original owner and purchased it when it was originally released in 1999. The set was made in England by Wade Collectibles and is #168 of 250 sets produced. Though the figurines were available for purchase individually, purchasing the set was the only way to get the Batmobile piece and the super nice and large Batman briefcase (the outside is covered with a vinyl-type material with a brass colored plastic Bat symbol on one side, while the inside is lined in satin and velvet). I've enjoyed having it in my collection for the last 16 years, but I'm open to the idea of someone else getting to enjoy it now. My thought in bringing it to the ECCC is to have Bruce Timm sign the figures and the case (at least I'm hoping that he will sign it). :wishluck: If he does, I wouldn't doubt it will be the only set of it's kind to be signed by him. My original cost on the set is $1850USD (the GBP exchange rate and shipping costs from England back then was brutal) and that's what I'm looking to sell it for. Pretty firm on the price and willing to accept full/partial trades in the form of original art by Bruce Timm, Adam Hughes, Scott Campbell, or Phil Noto. I'm making it available only at the convention and will not ship the item as I'm worried that the pieces may get damaged. And with something of this value, I really would rather have people see it in person. I'll be attending all 3 days so there should be ample opportunity to meet up. Don't miss your chance to own a unique item and have the opportunity to have Bruce sign them for you instead. hm:idea: Here's a thought, there is so much blank real estate on the briefcase that you could also get other artists at the show that have worked on Batman like Neal Adams, Tim Sale, Dustin Nguyen, etc to sign it. I apologize in advance that the pictures aren't that great; my camera is not ideal at taking close up shots and the paint is so nice and shiny that it produces a lot glare. This is a beautiful premium item.

And here are some (approximate) dimensions to go by:

- The case is 23" wide x 18.75" tall x 5" deep. Yes, she's a big one!

- Widest figure (measured at the base) is Batman at 5".

- Tallest figure is the Riddler at 8".

- Shortest figure is Robin at 5.25"

Accepting payment thru Paypal or cash (though I really don't want to carry that much cash on me).

Thanks for looking and if anyone has any questions, please send me a PM.

73huns.jpg

2f0fww2.jpg

o9fj1k.jpg

14lj51c.jpg

345ifs3.jpg

Mission accomplished! (thumbs u

Some have asked how it went, so I'm providing this update for all the fellow Batman Animated/ Bruce Timm fans out there.

Bruce autographed the outside and inside of the case, the COA, and all 11 figurines. He told me that he didn't ever recall signing any of these figurines before and has never ever personally seen the full briefcase set before. His exact words when I opened the case in front of him was "Oh my God!". He also made the comment that he was surprised that Alfred was in the set because he always gets left out. lol He was very impressed and it definitely drew a crowd. Because of the rarity, the difficulty (weight, size, and delicateness) in transporting this item, and the timing to actually meet Bruce, I'm absolutely convinced that this will probably be the only full set that he will ever autograph. I decided against having any other artist (that wasn't directly involved in the series) at the convention sign it . Maybe I'll get Paul Dini, Kevin Conroy, and the like, to sign it in the future.

The set is still available for purchase or trade, but if anyone is interested, they'll have to come visit me in Vancouver, Canada. If someone is willing to pay to have it shipped, I'm willing to do that within Canada and the continental US. To any potential buyers, I have many more pictures and even a video of Bruce signing the item to share.

t56hw4.jpg

2i1gzu8.jpg

Hi,

New here. My company produced this set. The Batman figure was available separately and this was numbered 1939 on the base. All the pieces numbered 250 were initially only available as a full set. Initially they were never sold alone. Out of the Blue Ceramics Limited did sell some of the pieces separately at a later time These separate figures were not supplied in generic Wade Ceramic packaging but were marked on the base as being authorised by Out of the Blue and were accompanied by a special certificate. Some people have been sold the 250 pieces individually but these are not authorised licensed pieces unless they are marked on the base and come with a special OTB Ceramics Limited certificate. Long story how this came about and I will explain if anyone would like to know the full and lengthy story.

BTW, the Bat logo on the outside of the case isn't plastic. It's made of solid brass which was laser cut and lacquered to stop it tarnishing.

I'm not always on the internet so if anyone would like more info then please send me an e-mail at: viaotb@tiscali.co.uk

All the best

Kevin