• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J&S Comics

7 posts in this topic

Guys, what's the word on J&S comics? They actually have a bunch of Batman books that I need that could really help me out and I am thinking of making a purchase with them. How would you describe their grading and their customer service?

Thanks for any and all advice.

Best,

DAM

For me, their grading was slightly off. If it says VF/NM, I'd expect a VF+. They seemed to be about one grade increment off for my tastes. For the most part, I didn't mind on most of the books I bought from them, so compared to other graders, they aren't bad.

I will say that their customer is excellent though. Out of my multiple purchases, there were 2 books I paid a larger amount for, and they gave me a refund on the 2 without any hassles.

Bottom line: I'd buy from them, just make sure you pay a good price.

Did you get their ad from Comic Buyers' Guide? I used to see their ads in CBG, and thought they had some nice deals. (percentage off if you spend a certain amount) But I haven't bought a CBG in a while, and J&S's website sucks. Looks like it hasn't been updated in a while.

Did you get their ad from Comic Buyers' Guide? I used to see their ads in CBG, and thought they had some nice deals. (percentage off if you spend a certain amount) But I haven't bought a CBG in a while, and J&S's website sucks. Looks like it hasn't been updated in a while.

Their ad is exactly what brought me in. I had been doing business with Rick Semowich "comicbook-warehouse" from CBG and had been happy with my service (his grading is pretty acurate, although occassionaly 1/2 grade too rich, but his prices are pretty low!). JS Comics and Rick both had the CBG customer service awards, so now I am thinking of JS especially since they have a few Bats that I need that Rick doesn't have. With JS's, their prices are starting to become a little more reasonable, although I have to consult my overstreet when I get home tonight . . .

PS - I was very surprised that CBG rasied its price to $3.99 an issue. Previously, I was able to get a subscription for $30 for a full year! Thank God! grin.gif I really like CBG. I also had a letter published in 1522, the 2002 year in review, if anyone else is a reader of CBG . . .

DAM

"I also had a letter published in 1522, the 2002 year in review, if anyone else is a reader of CBG"

What was the title of the letter? I keep copies of CBG ib .pdf format so I can go back and read it. I alsoo had a letter published in 1525 called "It's Gone". I enjoy CBG very much and look forward to downloading it every Thursday.