• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #4 Reverse Sketch Variant Printer Error?

26 posts in this topic

For those that are interested in these types of printing defects/errors, it seems that the white color has started to run low in the printer. I know there are more out there than the few that I have. It's more noticeable when this book and the regular version are put side by side.

The printing defect/error is on the left side.

photo ASM 4 Reverse Color Variant_zpsh7hnpmoo.jpg

There is a difference. It's amost a yellowish tint. We noticed upon receiving em. It looked like it was a roughly even split but can't be sure exactly. I didn't bother to count the difference when we got em because I really didn't care...but it is noticeable if holding them side by side. Good eye bud. Was wondering when someone would finally bring this up on here. People have mentioned it to me in the shop a handful of times.

There is a difference. It's amost a yellowish tint. We noticed upon receiving em. It looked like it was a roughly even split but can't be sure exactly. I didn't bother to count the difference when we got em because I really didn't care...but it is noticeable if holding them side by side. Good eye bud. Was wondering when someone would finally bring this up on here. People have mentioned it to me in the shop a handful of times.

Lets say this is true... how is it an error? This just seems to be a slight discrepancy.

Lets say this is true... how is it an error? This just seems to be a slight discrepancy.

I never said it was an error. I just said that the batch has 2 different color tones. I was confirming that the initial poster is correct as a few folks are saying they don't notice a difference.

I never said it was an error. I just said that the batch has 2 different color tones. I was confirming that the initial poster is correct as a few folks are saying they don't notice a difference.

OK, I see - it read as if you were agreeing with the OP, sorry for any confusion. I'll leave my question for them then, I don't see this sort of thing as an error at all.

OK, I see - it read as if you were agreeing with the OP, sorry for any confusion. I'll leave my question for them then, I don't see this sort of thing as an error at all.

I think of these books as either a color change due to the printing process or an error due to a defect in the printing process. The photos I posted might not show as good as in person but there is a difference. The text seems to be thinner than the regular comic. The photo doesn't represent it though.

I remember when Dazzler #1 came out, there were 2 versions, one cover colored slightly blue and the other cover colored slightly purple... the tree fell in the woods, nobody was there to hear it... so it never happened (as far as collector interest went) and nobody cared...

I remember when Dazzler #1 came out, there were 2 versions, one cover colored slightly blue and the other cover colored slightly purple... the tree fell in the woods, nobody was there to hear it... so it never happened (as far as collector interest went) and nobody cared...

I thought it was the blue glove and the white glove hm

I thought it was the blue glove and the white glove hm

Two by two, in hands of Blue.