• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 45, Dont believe the hype ?:?!!

147 posts in this topic

It's been years since a 9.2 could be had for 500...... it's been a long while since you could even get a 9.0 for that..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

CL always seems to blow past GPA.

At least on the books I want, lol .

I guess I should send some nice gift to zuulioso for having allowed me to pick a #45 from him for a great price way before this "bubblestorm" happened… I always feel somehow in debt in these cases. :)

Tulip mania doh!

Yes I'm bitter. I'm not willing to pay these prices to complete my collection because of the frenzy around the MCU. I'll just wait till all the speculators have moved on and pick one up at a reasonable price.

History repeats itself, is the nineties all over again.

lol I'm such a naysayer. Is the Yorkshireman in me.

The thing is, Marvel is heavily pushing the Inhumans, and this is gonna last for a few YEARS until their movie comes out.

The price on this book is gonna be insane by the time that rolls around.

At that point, how much will it drop post movie?

Tulip mania doh!

Yes I'm bitter. I'm not willing to pay these prices to complete my collection because of the frenzy around the MCU. I'll just wait till all the speculators have moved on and pick one up at a reasonable price.

People keep saying that but the amount of collectors that are waiting for better prices will keep the demand high and the price right along with it. Yes prices might drop a bit, but I think silver age books aren't bottoming out any time soon.

Here's the thing to remember about FF #45:

IT'S NOT RARE. LIKE, AT ALL

It was published towards the end of 1965, when Marvel was really gaining steam and ramping up sales. FF was, far and away, *THE* Marvel title to own (Spidey would take a few years before establishing his dominance of the Marvel U),and everybody and their grandmother red it, owned it, and didn't throw it away.

So, no, it will never be anything even like DD #1-style sought after, because it's just not that rare, even in high(er) grades.

Not that it can't happen...the X-Men are proof of that...but the world is vastly different from when Len, Chris, and Dave refashioned the X-Men, and Chris and John made them household names. The Inhumans have been around a scant two years LESS than the X-Men...and they are, after nearly 50 years of existence, only just NOW getting some attention (since 2013-ish.)

So, yes, they *could* conceivably become "the new X-Men"...but the circumstances are so vastly different...is it at all likely...?

hm

Probably not.

We'll see.

Tulip mania doh!

People keep saying that but the amount of collectors that are waiting for better prices will keep the demand high and the price right along with it. Yes prices might drop a bit, but I think silver age books aren't bottoming out any time soon.

We shall see.

I'm getting all sorts of price resistance on all sorts of Silver Age material.

If the market was as free-wheeling as it was in the 90's, that stuff would have been gone, at full asking, and then some.