• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would be more cost effective?…

91 posts in this topic

One of the most demanding jobs I ever had was working at McDonalds. I was working three jobs at that point in college. You were always 'on' and had to be perfect. There was no down time. THAT job taught some serious work ethic.

One of the most demanding jobs I ever had was working at McDonalds. I was working three jobs at that point in college. You were always 'on' and had to be perfect. There was no down time. THAT job taught some serious work ethic.

I worked at Five Guys as a Store Manager. It could be really intense. There is nothing like grilling 50-60 patties all at the same time and perfectly. It was truly an art and a lot of fun.

This is the thread where collectors act like they never leverage their purchases with credit cards.

HA! I like it. I think many other people have done it too........maybe not thousands of dollars, but I've certainly done it for hundreds.

On the 401k idea: I have a pension and haven't started putting money into an additional 401k. I have one with a very small amount from a job a few years back.

I can't pull from my pension, I don't believe. If I can, it might be when I've vested for like 10 years.

This thread is a reminder that most Americans are clueless when it comes to money, and live paycheck to paycheck.

I love how my hypothetical is really bothering you. I actually KNEW you'd chime in as such. I'm surprised you haven't suggested that I should work part time as a pizza delivery driver yet.

I'd also add, by a chance of very fortunate events, my wife and I are no longer living paycheck to paycheck for the first time in our lives.

Oh and this will really bother you, still haven't started making payments on my student loans :cry:

Are you really bragging about having student loan debt hanging over your head? Clueless might be too kind a term.

Bragging? I was just trying to bug you- clearly it is working...
Chris if you really want one, and not have to max out every card to get it, might I suggest you try, and put a little away for a year, or 2, and sell some your comics to try to offset some it it. From there maybe buy the lowest, and cheapest grade possible, that way you will have a copy of it like you wanted, and if you ever want to upgrade, use it as partial trade towards a higher copy. 2c

I really was trying to see if people thought AF 15 would go up in value by 13% every year or not. I'm not honestly considering this and didn't think people would be so hard pressed to judge my finances. I did divulge some information and open it up for that though.

I worked at Five Guys as a Store Manager. It could be really intense. There is nothing like grilling 50-60 patties all at the same time and perfectly. It was truly an art and a lot of fun.

You should have dressed up as Spongebob

I really was trying to see if people thought AF 15 would go up in value by 13% every year or not. I'm not honestly considering this and didn't think people would be so hard pressed to judge my finances. I did divulge some information and open it up for that though.

Called it. :acclaim:

That said it's incredible to me how many people seemed to want to find a way to make buying an AF 15 on credit work.

Called it. :acclaim:

That said it's incredible to me how many people seemed to want to find a way to make buying an AF 15 on credit work.

You didn't really call it as I sort of made that clear in the first post… :baiting:

This is purely hypothetical, but I'm starting to think it might not be… hm

Many people think books like it, IH 1, etc, are "cant lose books". I dont like doing, whatever everybody else is doing. I'd be a seller not a buyer, my 2 cents.

Best course of action: coming to the realization that an AF 15 isn't for everyone

You've made insulting comments about my financial situation enough that I don't think you need to make them in my thread.

That comment wasn't directed towards you or anyone.

Assuming it was is your mistake, not mine.

Best course of action: coming to the realization that an AF 15 isn't for everyone

You've made insulting comments about my financial situation enough that I don't think you need to make them in my thread.

You were "Replying" to my post :gossip:

If you type in the quick reply box it automatically makes it a reply to the last post. I consider myself in the "AF 15 isn't for me" group. I generally like my comics Fine or better and there is no way (short of winning the lottery) where I could consider spending over $30k on a comic book.

You were "Replying" to my post :gossip:

That's b/c it was the "next" post. "Replying" to your post would be quoting what you said.

Maybe a 6 pack would calm your nerves....