• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would be more cost effective?…

91 posts in this topic

If you type in the quick reply box it automatically makes it a reply to the last post. I consider myself in the "AF 15 isn't for me" group. I generally like my comics Fine or better and there is no way (short of winning the lottery) where I could consider spending over $30k on a comic book.

Thank you...this is "replying" to a post.

And I'm also in that crowd. I do not see myself ever keeping a $30k book. I don't even really like them over $10k truth be told.

Best course of action: coming to the realization that an AF 15 isn't for everyone

You've made insulting comments about my financial situation enough that I don't think you need to make them in my thread.

That comment wasn't directed towards you or anyone.

Assuming it was is your mistake, not mine.

You were "Replying" to my post :gossip:

That's b/c it was the "next" post. "Replying" to your post would be quoting what you said.

Maybe a 6 pack would calm your nerves….

They didn't have the beer I wanted cold, so I've got to wait a bit, but it surely would after the day I've had.

Working for incompetent government employees is tiresome at times. Especially in a building going to hell in a handbag…

See and I wasn't talking about 30k either. I didn't make that clear. I was thinking about a low grade book that presented well in like the 5k-7k department. Heck I'd be fine if it was a PLOD.

Sorry didn't mean to imply that you were looking at a 30k comic. Just that that's my grade preference and as such I can't see myself ever getting an AF 15. To be honest Brock is about where I am, I would find it difficult to keep any single comic over $10k in my collection. If any of my comics jumped to that level I'd almost assuredly sell it off to fund my kids college funds more.

See and I wasn't talking about 30k either. I didn't make that clear. I was thinking about a low grade book that presented well in like the 5k-7k department. Heck I'd be fine if it was a PLOD.

Sorry didn't mean to imply that you were looking at a 30k comic. Just that that's my grade preference and as such I can't see myself ever getting an AF 15. To be honest Brock is about where I am, I would find it difficult to keep any single comic over $10k in my collection. If any of my comics jumped to that level I'd almost assuredly sell it off to fund my kids college funds more.

Sad reality is that college tuition is going up faster than the value of our comics.

But I do think it's relative. If you bought a Tec 27 30 years ago for let's say $5,000 and now it's worth $500,000 (or more), it's relative to buying it now for $500,000 hoping it goes to $1mm at some point.