• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What A Shame

39 posts in this topic

I've thought about doing this on personal collection books.

Like my Daredevil #1 or Crow #1.

I don't have to worry about cracking it out of the case and worry that it may come back a lower grade. What does it matter if it's witnessed if I'm just going to keep it. Then if I ever decide to sell, the new buyer could always reslab it.

I've had a few slabs signed. I personally don't like SS books, so this way I can get the artists autograph and still have a nice looking book. When I do sell them the new owner can just take any glass cleaner and wipe it off if they don't like it.

The only time I will ever get the actual book signed is if it is a low grade copy.

Slab the slab! Slab the Slab!

Slab the slab of the slab!!

Yup... turtles all the way down :D

turtles-all-the-way-down.png

Showing me this was like handing a loaded gun to a three year old.

I think this may be my 'Longcat II"

What if they slab the slab and graded the slab.... too :o :o :o

don't forget you will need to press the slab that is being graded before it is slabbed! - gotta straighten out that plastic.......

sg017lt.gifsg017lt.gif]sg017lt.gif

Nothing a bottle of window spray wouldn't fix. :devil:

Or even a piece of packaging tape. Stick it on, press all the bubbles out, wait a few seconds, then lift it off. The sig will come right with it, I'd bet.

:D

-slym

don't forget you will need to press the slab that is being graded before it is slabbed! - gotta straighten out that plastic.......

You have to get the heating technique right, hot enough to make it soft, but not so hot it starts to melt...

Would using ScratchX be considered restoration?

The triple GPA asking price should offend you more than someone signing on a plastic case. lol

:signfunny:

Would using ScratchX be considered restoration?

:roflmao:

What if CGC started encapsulating signed slabs to avoid SS directly on the comic

Why not just have the writer/artist sign a thin piece of archival plastic and place that inside the slab?

What if CGC started encapsulating signed slabs to avoid SS directly on the comic

Why not just have the writer/artist sign a thin piece of archival plastic and place that inside the slab?

VINCE!! :applause: