• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CBS All Access's STAR TREK: DISCOVERY Show
2 2

265 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Beige said:

285907687_ohgod.gif.f32813236a177f939835db0b73dfae85.gif

What. An. Episode.

What. A. Season.

What. A. Show.

Ep 7

10 / 10

It really was one heck of a good episode. And I figured ahead of time who the new 1st officer was going to be. 

Spoiler

They've mentioned Tillie's command training often enough. Was waiting for it to matter.

:banana:

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

It really was one heck of a good episode. And I figured ahead of time who the new 1st officer was going to be. 

Reveal hidden contents

They've mentioned Tillie's command training often enough. Was waiting for it to matter.

:banana:

Got a theory about where this is going:

DO NOT LOOK IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN WATCHING BECAUSE YOU WILL - It's that good!

Spoiler

On a red angel jump - either in Discoverys universe or the Terran Empire one - Control hitched a ride.

It hid.

Caused the Burn - knowing that the only ship that can travel is Discovery - who also has the data sphere.

Moth to a flame.

That's why Georgiou is getting sick - she's infected with a small part of control (unknowingly) - transfered during her fight with section 31.

Edited by Beige

1 hour ago, drotto said:

Really?  I stopped watching because I can not stand this show.  I did watch the first two seasons.  Star Trek to me is not everything always coming back to one character.

This season has been fantastic to me. Though I get how some of the shows and even the later movies in the franchise are hit-or-miss. Not this one!

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

This season has been fantastic to me. Though I get how some of the shows and even the later movies in the franchise are hit-or-miss. Not this one!

I just can't stand the main character at all.  I find her to be a condescending, irritating, know it all.  Because of that, I just can't watch the show.

8 hours ago, drotto said:

Really?  I stopped watching because I can not stand this show.  I did watch the first two seasons.  Star Trek to me is not everything always coming back to one character.

5 hours ago, drotto said:

I just can't stand the main character at all.  I find her to be a condescending, irritating, know it all.  Because of that, I just can't watch the show.

I get where you are coming from - but Burnham is different now. So is the story and show.

The Nimoy scene made me tear up a bit - sheer class.

This really is a 'light-year' ahead of the previous seasons.

But we could not have this season without those 2.

Try episode1 of season 3 - it changes EVERYTHING

:foryou:

14 hours ago, Beige said:

I get where you are coming from - but Burnham is different now. So is the story and show.

The Nimoy scene made me tear up a bit - sheer class.

This really is a 'light-year' ahead of the previous seasons.

But we could not have this season without those 2.

Try episode1 of season 3 - it changes EVERYTHING

:foryou:

Have to agree. Season 3 really changed things up for the show. And each episode isn't a feeling of going through the motions just to stay on top of the story until a really good episode pops up. Every Season 3 episode has been worth watching!

Ugh.

Hopefully that was the shows 'stinker' episode out of the way.

Still, that stinker was better than most current sci-fi shows, but besides Dettmer finding her balls again, I'm not sure the show advanced too much.

Spoiler

Except for the 'distress call' - It has to be Pikes Enterprise surely - with Control at the helm?

5.5 /10

Good stuff.

Reminded me of Voyagers Nazi Crew led by Sturnbanfuhrer Janeway - The anti-Voyager crew.(Star Trek Voyager  ?season 6)

Both great role reversal arcs.

You can tell the actors enjoyed playing their 'bad' selves!

Much better - but Georgiou might come unstuck here.

Nice hat tip to The Guardian as well!

However, getting a bit 'familiar' to previous Star Trek shows.

6.5 / 10

Edited by Beige

Well - meh

They have 3 episodes to get back on track.

2 episodes to farewell a 'guest-star' without moving the story on is poor.

It's about the rebirth of the Federation - lets not get side-tracked off that storyline.

The season was excellent, but the last 3 have been below the new high-bar they set.

Still time....   :wishluck:  

5 / 10