• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

James Bond XXIV: SPECTRE - "You're a kite dancing in a hurricane Mr. Bond."

235 posts in this topic

Wow! It looks pretty phenomenal. "You're a kite dancing in a hurricane." Heck of a line…

I'm sort of sick of seeing rogue Bond though. They've done a lot of backstory in the past few films. I want to see Bond go on a mission and be the weapon 007 is supposed to be.

Still looks good though.

I too, was doubtful with Daniel Craig taking the reigns. I was proven VERY wrong. I've liked the direction they keep taking with each movie capable of being a standalone Bond movie and part of a deeper storyline at the same time.

I too, was doubtful with Daniel Craig taking the reigns. I was proven VERY wrong. I've liked the direction they keep taking with each movie capable of being a standalone Bond movie and part of a deeper storyline at the same time.

Agreed.

Excluding Connery there has never been a better Bond than Craig.

I know personally it`s hard to watch a James Bond film with Moore or Bronson after watching a Craig Bond.

The difference is like trying to watch TV on standard definition after experiencing HD TV

or trying to watch a DVD after getting spoiled with Blu-ray.

The Craig Bonds come off as bad azz and not cheesy like the Bonds from the 70s,80s and 90s.

2c

I'm not hard to please.....I grew up on Connery and Moore and have loved EVERY Bond flick I ever saw..... admittedly, some are more enduring, but I've become a huge fan of Craig's portrayal. Stoked. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Agreed.

Excluding Connery there has never been a better Bond than Craig.

I know personally it`s hard to watch a James Bond film with Moore or Bronson after watching a Craig Bond.

The difference is like trying to watch TV on standard definition after experiencing HD TV

or trying to watch a DVD after getting spoiled with Blu-ray.

The Craig Bonds come off as bad azz and not cheesy like the Bonds from the 70s,80s and 90s.

2c

Yup, My thoughts exactly. Even when I was a seven year old kid, I thought Moonraker was kinda cheeeesy. I think during the 70's, the Bond films degenerated into stringing stories around their action sequences, even hiring second unit directors, until Goldeneye. I fully expect to be roasted by the Bond purists on here, it was like they were just going movie to movie with no continuity (save for some recurring characters). It seemed from the start, Craig's Bond was rebuilding the character, the story and the franchise (the first two movies felt like the opening title sequence and Skyfall was the first act of something bigger. I just want to leave, I didn't mind some of the action sequences, like For Your Eyes Only car chase with the improbable yellow Citroen 2CV with a very bored

Carole Bouquet riding along before erupting into giggles and The Spy Who Loved Me's chase with Jaws and Babara Bach or The Living Daylight's soundtrack.

Very excited for this movie after Skyfall (my second favorite after Goldfinger).

Perfect teaser. Not one action scene needed. Sadly, this may be Craigs last outing as Bond.

He is approaching 50 now.

We don't want to venture in Moore territory.

Hopefully makes up for the last 2 movies.

Perfect teaser. Not one action scene needed. Sadly, this may be Craigs last outing as Bond.

Let it go!!!!!!

Let it go!!!!!!

No.

:o

Skybrawl: British crew of new Bond film go on drunken riot on private plane... and trigger international air safety alert.

Crew of new James Bond film went on drunken rampage in official 007 jet.

Producers are investigating the 'intimidatory and frightening' behaviour.

The group removed a safety pin from one of the aircraft's doors.

They vomited and urinated in the aisles and verbally abused cabin crew.

Private plane was flying from Stansted Airport to Mexico City 11 days ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3016327/Skybrawl-British-crew-new-Bond-film-drunken-riot-private-plane-trigger-international-air-safety-alert.html

I'm missing something in Craig's portrayal of Bond that doesn't seem to bother anyone else. I'm not seeing any of Connery's subtlety: his charm, his playfulness, and his humor, that added facets to the character's personality. Craig just looks like a stonefaced thug to me.